ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 535338 times)

Offline mogey

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2014, 04:36:37 PM »
Anyone know how to stop someone from using any and all scars using this addon?

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #406 on: January 31, 2014, 02:34:15 AM »
Anyone know how to stop someone from using any and all scars using this addon?
I agree. I already asked this earlier with no replies. I just cannot limit SCar spawning at all, along with some other entites, such as the bouncy ball

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »
such as the bouncy ball
Searched the thread, found this... http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5269.msg31723/topicseen.html#msg31723
Does that command not work anymore? It's possible sent_ball was renamed something else since the GMod13 update.
Seems you would have to know the sent's name to ban Scars, but, it's possible they're different, and haven't been added in such a way URS recognizes?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2014, 02:43:06 PM »
Searched the thread, found this... http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5269.msg31723/topicseen.html#msg31723
Does that command not work anymore? It's possible sent_ball was renamed something else since the GMod13 update.
Seems you would have to know the sent's name to ban Scars, but, it's possible they're different, and haven't been added in such a way URS recognizes?

I remember I got the exact sent names. I right clicked on it and copied I think, or just tracked it down through the console.

Offline Sgt.Blue

« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2014, 04:18:54 AM »
Could you add the ability to select items from the spawn list or something similar? Because it's quite tiring to have to type in the name of everything.

Offline Sgt.Blue

« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »
For some reason URS fails to restrict some things. For example, when I tried to restrict the bouncy ball I got this: ConCommand blocked! (ulx restrict "sent" "sent_ball" user)

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #411 on: March 12, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
For some reason URS fails to restrict some things. For example, when I tried to restrict the bouncy ball I got this: ConCommand blocked! (ulx restrict "sent" "sent_ball" user)
I believe this is a bug with Gmod.  Try restarting gmod or using the console directly.  I ran into this a few times with other projects.  A game restart usually solved it.  I'm not sure why it happens.

Offline crokdile

« Reply #412 on: March 22, 2014, 04:25:07 PM »
I restricted the davy crockett swep from a group but they can still spawn it, any help?

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
Would it be possible to make Expression 2 functions/commands restrictable? So certain ranks won't be able to use applyForce and other dangerous commands? There is quite a new thread about it on the Wiremod forums currently, but it looks like the wire team doesn't want it there

Offline Sgt.Blue

« Reply #414 on: April 02, 2014, 02:17:01 AM »
I've been trying repeatedly to restrict sent_ball, still throws out an error.

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
« Reply #415 on: April 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
Hi,

First thanks for URS, it's really useful ;)

- We have a small problem. I've installed this addon on our server: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1383796

And restricted it to some groups, by adding "sent_streamradio" in the sent restriction menu. They aren't able to spawn it from the spawn menu, but, they can spawn it from a dupe from Advanced Duplicator 1 and 2.

Now I don't know if that's the only Sent having this problem, we don't have a lot of those in our server... I tried restricting the sent "npc_grenade_frags", and as expected, they could not spawn it with either the spawn menu or duplicators. Could you please look into this bug ?

- Another bug in the restriction menu, is that the Group listbox show the previously restricted item instead of group name, when it should be in the Target textbox instead. Just opening the listbox will fix it, but it's annoying when you want to restrict something to more than one group, you have to rewrite each time the name of what you want to restrict.

- And a feature request: could you also add restrictions on the amount of entity of a certain type that a player can create. For example, I would like to restrict basic users to be able to spawn only 10 thrusters, regulars to 20 thrusters, donators to 40 thrusters. That's the idea. It would be awesome if added ;)

I just hope you're still working on this! Else I may take over and make URS v2, when I have some time...

Offline Tristian Wood

« Reply #416 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »
Hey there,
I'm getting this weird error when using ulx print limits. I get similar ones when I use the other ulx print commands.
Code: [Select]
[ERROR] addons/urs/lua/ulx/modules/sh/urs_cmds.lua:197: Calling net.Start with unpooled message name [http://goo.gl/qcx0y]
1. Start - [C]:-1
2. call - addons/urs/lua/ulx/modules/sh/urs_cmds.lua:197
3. __fn - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:943
4. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:1296
5. Run - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69
6. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:1310
7. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69
please help <3
thanks,
Tristian Wood
Owner of soul gaming

Offline nzkfc

« Reply #417 on: June 18, 2014, 03:34:45 AM »
After some help, it's been fun wrapping my head around this and I think people struggle a wee bit because this is looking at it from a "If group = XYZ then don't let them" rather then "If group = XYZ, ABC and 123 then let them have it"

Anyways I have an issue, my FPP is set to Superadmin only and I have restricted URS group "user" to not use balloon. Soon as I make balloons for "everyone" in FPP (I assume URS will override true 'everyone' for FPP) it still allows users to spawn them.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #418 on: June 18, 2014, 08:57:09 AM »
That's why I never touched FPP restrictions, as long as I use the URS and without almost any problems (except the bouncy balls and SCars)

Offline nzkfc

« Reply #419 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
Sweet I will look into wiping FPP settings for the specific tools i'm wanting to restrict and see how that goes.