ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 538415 times)

Offline AphisNano

• That developer guy
Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #480 on: April 04, 2015, 01:38:38 PM »
I warn you though, when I said it was a development branch, I meant it.  The versions there may not be entirely stable and/or missing features.  You could very well lose your data files as well.

I'm aware of the risks, the server itself is basically a continuous integration system for my spacebuild 3 revival.  Bugs are to be expected, and my users are repeatedly warned about such issues.

Thank you for your effort on this addon.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:49:12 PM by AphisNano »
Professional Linux Devop

Offline randomguy

« Reply #481 on: April 05, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »
Looking great so far, any chance you can add like a hover hint. So if you hover over something it explains what it does? For example I have no idea what the "Invert Weld's" Tick box does.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #482 on: April 05, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Looking great so far, any chance you can add like a hover hint. So if you hover over something it explains what it does? For example I have no idea what the "Invert Weld's" Tick box does.

I thought that might be a bit confusing.  What that does is change it from a blacklist to a whitelist.  So instead of adding people to restrict it, you're adding people to allow them.  The invert tools would do the same, but for ALL tools.  If both are enabled, then the specific tool becomes a blacklist again while all other tools are still a whitelist.  Hope that's understandable... I will definitely add some kind of explanation some where.

EDIT:  Since I have a hard time finding Stickly online at a good time, I'm just going to ask here and hope you see this :P.  I was curious if there is any way that you can queue up function calls in with xlib's animations?  So it would run an animation, run a function, then run an animation again?  Without spending a lot of time looking through your code, it's hard to figure this out with a glance around.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:11:29 PM by Aaron113 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #483 on: April 05, 2015, 09:19:04 PM »
Without spending a lot of time looking through your code, it's hard to figure this out with a glance around.
Searched our repo for queue and found this
xlib.addToAnimQueue
I didn't look long enough to tell if you could perform functions within it.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #484 on: April 05, 2015, 09:22:15 PM »
Haha, literally right in the function itself.  I guess I didn't look hard enough.

Code: [Select]
if type( obj ) == "function" then
table.insert( outTable, function() xlib.animRunning = true  obj( unpack( arg ) )  xlib.animQueue_call() end )

This is why I love xlib.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #485 on: April 06, 2015, 10:16:51 AM »
Haha, sorry- I was out of town this past weekend. :P

Yup, looks like you figured it out- I had the same issues when I was working with animations.. Trying to ensure they all ran properly, and called all the needed functions at the correct time. Glad it's working well for you! :D
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #486 on: April 06, 2015, 08:17:45 PM »
I'm just stoked I figured out something in xlib, and was able to help someone else with it.

* JamminR ducks as Stickly Man throws bits of duct tape he's used to piece xlib together with ulib and ulx into XGUI over the years.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #487 on: April 06, 2015, 09:16:19 PM »
xlib may be covered in duct tape that is barely holding on, but it is an amazing part of XGUI :D

Anyway, I decided instead of recoding just the GUI, I am recoding the entire addon.  New everything.  I must say it is looking fantastic so far.  I like having tabs instead.  We will see when I have time to finish it.  I'm using a local repository backed up on dropbox to keep track of the changes now instead of the development branch on github.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #488 on: April 07, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »
Awesome work :D

Haha JamminR- I had to go double check my own code after reading your post, because I forgot about that whole section of xlib. :P  Standardizing, documenting, and releasing XLIB is on my list of things I want to do, but I just haven't had the time... But, I'll look into a potential XLIB2 for ULX4, perhaps. :)
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #489 on: April 07, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
xlib may be covered in duct tape that is barely holding on, but it is an amazing part of XGUI :D
Hey, I never said "barely"! It's solid. Good quality tape :P

I am recoding the entire addon.  New everything.
YESsssss! Telepathic/console/gui/chat commands here we come!

Awesome work :D
Indeed Aaron, awesome work.
A great addition to any Sandbox server.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #490 on: April 07, 2015, 06:59:38 PM »
YESsssss! Telepathic/console/gui/chat commands here we come!
URS v200 here we come!

Indeed Aaron, awesome work.
A great addition to any Sandbox server.
I need to actually finish it first haha, but I think it will be pretty nice when it is.

Offline FASGamer

« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
Hello I am the server manager of the Dark Fusion Gaming sandbox server, I have about two suggestions.

#1. I currently have Scars, but I can't restrict any of them. So therefor I can't put any tanks in to restrict for higher ranks only. So my first request is can you make it possible to restrict Scars?
#2. I have WAC & J.I. Defense Solutions Installed. I only want users to have 2 WAC planes spawned at a time, but I want them to be able to spawn many J.I. Defense Solution Entities. As you may know WAC & J.I. Defense Solutions both are Entities. So my second request is can you like add a optional setting for WAC where it is separated from the other entities in the limits? Like maybe a WAC Helicopter limit and a WAC Plane limit?

An Error Has Occurred!

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given