ULX

Author Topic: USwep Beta  (Read 17728 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: USwep Beta
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 08:00:20 PM »
Lunchbox, you're doing nothing wrong.
This uses the Ulib menu 100%, not a Dropdown selection in the Spawn menu.

SPBogie, I believe what Lunchbox is looking for would be a great addition for a future version.
Have a spawn menu.
That's where most people look for SWEPS.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 04:57:44 AM »
There is already a spawn menu It only uses the ULib menu for selecting a player to give to if you don't specify one.

Lunchbox, please recheck your spawnmenu for a category "USwep (<access lecel name here>)". If it is not there then please check your console for any errors while the script is loading and post them here.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Lunchbox

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 02:21:55 PM »
Interesting.  I'm watching the server output on my Linux Dedicated server through SSH and it says it loaded fine then proceeds to the next file.  Where in the Spawn Menu should I be looking?

P.S.
ULib is running and I have full admin permissions.

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 09:15:36 PM »
You said the console commands work though? That is strange. The menu should be after all your regular spawn menu categories, down by things like prop protector or VMF.

Can you please post your configuration.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Lunchbox

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 01:20:10 PM »
Hey spbogie,

That's correct, they worked through the console, but I didn't get a spawn category.  VMF Loader/CopyGun and my eSwep menu showed up, but not uSwep.  I thought that ESwep might be the problem (don't ask why, there really wasn't any logic behind it) so I removed it and was left with no ESwep or USwep.  Unfortunately this is the least of my problems.

I jumped the gun and upgraded my server to GMOD10 when it was released.  Unfortunately during this process I was not aware that GMOD10 linux binaries haven't been released!  So basically I deleted my GMOD9 directory and didn't have anything to replace with...

Now I am left without any server at all.  I will try this again as soon as I'm done reinstalling GMOD9.

I really appreciate your interest in my problem.

P.S. (offtopic)
I wish there was an ETA from Garry on when linux binaries will be out for GMOD10...