ULX

Author Topic: JamminR's Misc Vid clips (most related to music/or gadgets/arts thereof)  (Read 57083 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: JamminR's Misc Vid clips (most related to music/or gadgets/arts thereof)
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Someone PLEASE tell me artist/producer or title of the track used in the TrackMania2 Stadium trailer here.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/232910/

JamminR does NOT dance.
This short track makes him want to get up and JAM as though he could.

Oh, and sidenote... I'm sad. Ubisoft (owns/produces/releases) Trackmania titles now.
Never again will I purchase any of TM games. (been some years since I had original)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »
JamminR does NOT dance.
This short track makes him want to get up and JAM as though he could.

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_RATsYJP0

Now..... could we get a video of that dancing?
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2014, 09:09:27 PM »

Now..... could we get a video of that dancing?
Thanks!
Though I love the beat and rhythm, I guess the vocals do eventually wear on me.
I listened to some other Tantrum Desire stuff, and nothing made me want to move like that track did.
I'm picky about what EDM I like, even more picky once you start getting into all the million different styles of it, including DnB (and this supposedly is 'clownstep/jump-up' style of DnB).
It actually kinda made me want to jump-up.

Kinda, so, NO, no video.

EDIT - oh, just realized, two parts to the link you provided....guess I like the dubstep version of it better (but, even picky about dubstep too)

EDIT2 - I like this though! (not quite as much as Guided Rhythm though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wet2Pz73MV0 )

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:18:55 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2014, 11:56:45 PM »
As soon as I heard the music on that Trackmania2 trailer, I thought the voice sounded familiar.. I actually got Tantrum Desire - Reach after hearing it on a podcast I listen to frequently. :P But that's all I've heard from them.

While this isn't quite DnB, I do find this Mat Zo song quite groovy! :D Mat Zo - Get Down 2 Get Up. Also, I highly highly highly highly recommend this album! Nigel Good - Nothing Out There This guy is pretty talented, and he put together quite a nice variety! "Something Out There" is the grooviest! :D

Okay I'm done, I promise- last time I did one of these.. well... you remember what happened. :P
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2014, 09:42:52 AM »
Haha Stickly, I never mind contributions made to expand my horizons (in any conversation, music, code, ...).
One part of the reason Ulysses is such a great team, and a great forum community, is that we are open to each others interests.
Besides, I never fully intended this thread to be ALL mine. Heck, would have locked it if so.
It's just a fun "stuff I found no-so-ordinary" link dump thread, which for whatever reason became mostly music related.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2014, 07:48:26 PM »

Ok, so I'm revisiting some various music tonight with my new headphones I got for Christmas.
Came across this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2vuVqgazoA
I'm about to type something I've probably never typed before.
OMG! And, I don't mean that in blasphemy. God is great. He's placed many artist on this planet.
I'm not big on much dubstep, but, WOW the drops in this are mind numbing, mixed with a (though slower than the faster one I like) wonderful rhythm.
Merry Christmas!
I Love my new headphones.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
Oooh, what headphones did you get? I got some Sennheiser PC350's about a year ago, coupled with a new Asus Xonar Xense soundcard... FLAC music sounds oh so very much clearer now :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2014, 10:35:56 PM »
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
Wired to a Pioneer VSX-816, which is wired to my PC from TosLink out (Razer Barracude AC1 running (hacked-in) latest Asus Xonar D2 drivers)
You should see the "Merry Christmas 2014" thread here in offtopic for all my other goodies I got.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
Latest bass-dropping song that makes me want to dance.
Full length song gets a bit old after a while, but a shorter mix-mash-up I heard on the radio tonight was awesome and is first I'd heard of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ml72lR-bA
It made my head almost explode from the hook and drop.

I'm starting to learn I love a good hook.

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
http://youtu.be/V30l1_bRM8k
Have a thing, why don'cha?

This guy—Slyoh—just released his EP under the same name, and it's got some great tracks. He shot for an interesting style with this one—lively, and jumpy, and bouncy, and fun. It's pretty interesting to see what he did while pushing his boundaries.

I'd say he did a pretty good job. This track especially just makes me want to jam out, and I have no idea why (oh wait, yes I do).

(If anyone looks at his channel, yes, he is a brony music maker. However, his EP is lyricless, and non-pony-related.)
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:24 AM »
If you enjoy music that pushes boundaries, I really enjoy stuff from Haywyre- He has a free EP out you can download from bandcamp:
https://haywyre.bandcamp.com/album/two-fold-pt-1

Dichotomy is probably my favorite track- It's very bass-heavy and is a mix of Electronic/Dub with hints of Jazz (saxophone), and Middle-eastern scales. Sculpted has some fun vocoded vocals, plus more heavy bass! (Good headphones and/or subwoofer recommended). Doppleganger is definitely the Jazziest- it's all good stuff! :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2015, 08:22:25 PM »
Between the two you've both presented, Haywyre "wins" for me.
Can't say I'd listen to either one with any regularity though. I'm moody. Some music I can handle most of the time, but, both of those I'd really have to be in the mood for.
And, for some reason, Slyph grates on my nerves rather quickly. Just my particular subjective tastes.
Stickly Man always has been more of a kindred spirit when it comes to our music tastes/moods I think. (Here's to hours of steam chat with a pink blanket and chinese leftovers that never fill you up!)

Some of Haywyre's glitch-ness and vocals reminds me slightly of Pogo's remixes of audio/video from Disney and Sesame Street.
(OH WOW. I usually have to be in the mood for his stuff too, but right now, I LOVE his Sesame Street GROVER video)

Oh, another thing. Both of you probably were way too young to really have to deal with computers before the MP3 came along.
Before MP3, slightly before midi, there were trackers. Mods. Tracked songs that contained bits of sound samples in them.
Haywyre reminded me of "The Greynote", nice jazzy original composition by an online coder/musician with alias of "Necros"
It's zip attached to this post.
Also, Everytime I heard a song by slyph, they seemed to same to me, and reminded me of The Fiddler.
It's also zip attached.
(Now remember, these are from pre-CPUs-with-enough-power-to-decode-realtime-mp3 days 1995/96 -
Use VLC to play them. (I really don't know any other player right now in the modern world that would)

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2015, 09:00:14 AM »
I like any music where the author showed any form of creativity while making it :P (So, that pretty much rules out majority of pop music.. Rap is generally iffy). Mmm, I want Chinese food now. And yes, Pogo definitely shows creativity- but I have to be in the right mood as well.

Pssh- I was playing with MIDI all of the time growing up :P Didn't learn about trackers till later, but Zyklus is big into Chiptune stuff, so I've gotten familiar with quite a lot of fun stuff. (We had a Commodore 64 growing up- that still has an impressive soundchip!) But yeah, Winamp will play most tracker tunes as well. In fact, based on quick testing, they sound better to me in Winamp than VLC (maybe VLC is just a little quieter). Hmm, seeking in VLC doesn't seem to update the tempo properly, as well. There's also MilkyTracker, a modern Tracker that runs fine in Windows, and lets you see all the cool note data and such. :)

My favorite tracker pieces are probably stuff by Virt (Jake Kaufman)- has some pretty funky stuff! Here's "Fruitbat":[IT] beek & virt - fruitbat It sounds best on the old Impulse Tracker in DOS (hence the YouTube link), but you can find the .IT file out there.

Bonus: Attached 'Classical Favorites II' from Virt. In essence, it's like video game versions of Classical pieces. Extra fun if you can recognize each piece! :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2015, 02:57:22 PM »
Not to continue a conversation that could go on forever, but, VLC... though I use it still because I then don't really have to worry about downloading however many other codecs/players/whathaveyou and "it just works" for 99% of my needs... I've not been happy with it's video quality and some other things changed/removed, probably, since 1.x days.
As for winamp, used to LOVE it, then AOL bought it, and then it started trying to do everything and sufferred for it.

That, and it's open source and cross platform.
Does a decent job of one size fits all.
So, yeah, I use it still, not because it's best (and it USED to be on some things imo), but because it's simple.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »
Yeah.. Winamp 5 isn't terrible- you can disable a lot of the extra features. Especially now that AOL sold Winamp to another company- it will be interesting to see what happens. Either way, I still rely on Winamp for my media library management and to find those plugins to play just about any music file (in_vgm.dll for the genesis/NES/SNES/whathaveyou files, in_sidplay for the C64 stuff, and in_vgmstream.dll for the more modern .adx/.aax/.dtk streaming music formats for newer games), and I still use VLC for all video playing since it plays EVERYTHING and I never liked how Winamp integrated video playback.