ULX

Author Topic: APromote GUI  (Read 34599 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: APromote GUI
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »
Pain, are you using this one? http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5312.msg27779.html#msg27779

The original post is for pre-gm13, which, redid the way addons work.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline pa1n

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 10:55:15 PM »
I am using the latest version but the packing of the addon seems to be causing the issue... Works great on my server putting them in the ulx folder.

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 11:13:30 PM »
If you're using the same folder structure there is no reason it shouldn't work in its own addon vs. merging it in with ulx... but whatever works.

Offline SaintSin

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »
Having issues adding this to my server.

[ERROR] addons/autopromotegui/lua/ulx/xgui/settings/cl_apromote.lua:19: attempt to call field 'makepanellist' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - addons/autopromotegui/lua/ulx/xgui/settings/cl_apromote.lua:19
   2. include - [C]:-1
    3. fn - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/cl/xgui_client.lua:119
     4. Call - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183
      5. fn - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/cl_init.lua:45
       6. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183
        7. LocalPlayer - [C]:-1
         8. fn - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/cl_init.lua:39
          9. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

Pa1n how did you manage to get it working?

Offline Lead4u

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2014, 10:35:29 AM »
Just an update for those still looking for this, I updated my version to latest gmod build.

You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226312488

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2014, 11:09:15 PM »
Not meaning to revive a dead post, but you should really post this on github so I can use it on my server via svn.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 11:25:01 PM »
Not meaning to revive a dead post, but you should really post this on github so I can use it on my server via svn.
OR, you could just add it to your server via workshop.
Just an update for those still looking for this, I updated my version to latest gmod build.

You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226312488
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 01:01:23 AM »
But doing that makes it so when i hand out the collection clients subscribe to an addon useless to nothing but servers.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »
How are you handing this "collection" out?
Links?

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »
How are you handing this "collection" out?
Links?

Yes, www.bit.ly/g-addons I throw at anyone saying they have red errors. We have a lot of things like sCars and TDM, and those are more than one addon so I made a one click solution.

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
I have APromote working 100% and have for over 6 months now, one user does not auto promote like others, the sound keeps going off but she doesnt promote. Her steam name is
Code: [Select]
ThatOneGirl #RoadToUnusal"™ and my only thought is that the ™ could somehow screw things up? Any ideas?

EDIT: tested this with her, the "™ is throwing apromote off for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:20:56 PM by Bryantdl7 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
I made a one click solution.
Well, then you may be causing issues later.
If you're downloading SVN zips (which you've asked lead4U to do, convert to SVN so you can do that), and then RE-distributing them in a collection, when an addon author goes to update (via svn, or workshop like I recommended), your collection is then out of date. Worst case, it has exploits or major bugs. Best case, it's just missing a model/sound or two.
You should really get/setup a fastDL if you're going to use addon packs that have additional items in them.
Then you just keep your server and DLcache up to date, Gmod clients do the rest.
If not that, then have them download an HTML file with links they can click on to direct them to the SVN and Workshop subscriptions (or here, if you're using releases only available here).

Offline Bryantdl7

APromote GUI
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 06:51:28 PM »
Youre not understanding, serverside addons i rather keep up to date by svn-updating. Im not uploading them to workshop. I dont want users getting serverside addons installed when they click the subscribe all button. Look at that bitly, its steamcommunity you'll hopefully get what i mean.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:08:10 AM by Bryantdl7 »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 01:19:19 AM »
tested this with her, the "™ is throwing apromote off for whatever reason.

When Lead and I were creating this, and working out the kinks, we stopped caring about this because we knew it had issues. For some reason, I do remember it not working correctly with unique characters, but at the time I wasn't experienced enough with lua when I requested it to be made back in 2011. The original poster does not come on here anymore, nor does he care about Garry's Mod, so he kinda gave me the responsibility to take care of it.

I don't actually know how to really fix this, because the way he made it was kinda messy (imo). So, I've decided that... the issue is rare enough to not be fixed, nor has anyone else complained about this issue, so it may be unique to your server, or just actually messed up within the addon.

Edit:
My version of it might be the updated version of it that I worked on when he handed me the project over. Here -> http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6791.0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:27:41 AM by Bite That Apple »
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.