Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 3187 times)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Minecraft
« on: August 05, 2011, 09:27:20 AM »
I just got minecraft this week and I am looking for a good server.

Anyone on here got a good one running?
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Aaron113

Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »
mc.sassilization.com

We run a faction mod on it.  I'm not sure of the exact name.  It's sort of like a PvP server.  You join things called factions.  You go around trying to conquer everyone else while trying to build a safe, secure fortress.  It can be fun.

Almost forgot:  You have to request to join the builder group.  I can talk to the owner if you don't have a Sassilzation account (Gmod community).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:51:06 PM by Aaron113 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
hansrotech.dyndns.org - Map is HUGE, old (pre Beta days), uses Bukkit, and has a /tool kit for starters.
It too has to be added to a builder group.

I have access to add, but am pretty busy this weekend and won't be on much.

No special mods, plain survive and build. Spawn has enough sheltered areas to be safe at night.
Small island actually. There's a welcome center made of sandstone

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline killforfun

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 02:13:51 PM »
I just launched a mine-craft server on my friends $2000+ box he got (there are no mods on it and it just survival mode) and nobody really knows about it so you can invite a friend's and play with them amc.chrome-servers.net      (also you don't have to sigh up or anything just join and has bukkit)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:15:53 PM by killforfun »

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
I've been running a dedicated server for a few months now, we've got about 14 players or so, who, if they arn't there, they are at our GM server  ;D
We run bukkit, and quite a few mods that make the game a little bit better, basically no brainer stuff that notch has left out. No cheats, and nothings given to anyone, admins don't even have that power.

68.6.104.178:25566

Feel free to check it out, if you decide to join drop me a note and I'll take you outta the "minge" group  ;)
My TTT server. Join the fun!