Author Topic: 24/7 [STG] Custom RP Build|Guns|Jobs|Wire|PHX3|Low Ping| {Fast-DL}  (Read 3546 times)

Offline strategos

• I wanna be the guy
    • Community
24/7 [STG] Custom RP Build|Guns|Jobs|Wire|PHX3|Low Ping| {Fast-DL}
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
    STG DarkRP | 64.31.40.17:27015

What is STG DarkRP?

STGDarkRP is an RP server born out of the frustration of abusive admins in many other RP servers. It has a strong emphasis on building and making things through GMOD. The server is unique in many ways and incorporates a flexible management system so owners/admins can always stay in touch. I have worked long and hard to develop this server and plan to implement many updates to the website and game-server on a frequent basis. The players are
    always put first.

What is the Admin policy?

The current, proven policy is that admins are handpicked by me, Strategos. Admins must demonstrate that they have the patientsto be admin, trustworthiness to be trusted with all admin commands, and devotion to be there when a player needs them. All admins must be fair, and there is a strict rule on the maximum ban time per offense. For instance, the only way you can get perma-banned is by hacking. You won't get banned for playing your favorite song in the mic.

Are there any bonuses to being respected?

* Increased amount of tools (tools that are useful but must be controlled)
    * Ability to !votekick minges when admins aren't present (abuse of this will result in permament loss of rank)
    * More props (Coming Soon) Note: I don't know why you would need more than the default of 30.

What are the server's feature's?

* Wiremod SVN (95% of all tools are allowed by default)
    * Higher prop limit than usual (In most servers, you're lucky to get 15. I give you 30)
    * Low Ping (STG uses a superior dedicated host to provide a quality connection)
    * Dedicated owner (I am dedicated to making this a popular, enjoyable server. Therefore, I will constantly update and optimize it.)
    * Unique jobs and playermodels (I try to be as original as I can while still making it fun.)
    * No Pay-For-Admin BS
    * PHX3 and CS:S/Mad Cow Weapons (Includes breaching charge and explosives that are hard to obtain.)
    * Many unrestricted tools
    * ULX Music Mod
    * FastDL (Utilizes sv_downloadurl)

Is there a website or forums?

Yes. However, the website is still officially under construction. It still works, though. You can use it to access
    a variety of resources. Since the server uses sourcebans, I have incorporated it to the website for easy notification and
    appeals. http://www.stgdarkrp.org/forums

Surely, There must be some cons.

Sadly, there are.

* Somewhat long DL time the FIRST time. (Due to the use of a variety of colorful player-models. Once downloaded, you never have to DL them again.)

* Limited Community (As STGDarkRP isn't even a month old, it needs some time to catch on. Help blaze a trail!)

Comments? Questions? - Please post below or add me on steam "Strategos" or "http://steamcommunity.com/id/StrategoLC/"

Sidenote: If you don't like DarkRP or are biased against it, please don't comment. I created this to inform all who might be
    interested.

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
Re: 24/7 [STG] Custom RP Build|Guns|Jobs|Wire|PHX3|Low Ping| {Fast-DL}
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:03:53 PM »
Sounds like a decent server, I like the bit about hand picked admins.
Admins really make or break a server!

I don't play much RP, but I'll have to drop by sometime ^^
My TTT server. Join the fun!