ULX

Author Topic: Spawnprotection  (Read 2287 times)

Offline sweetone

Spawnprotection
« on: November 27, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »
Hello!

I'm running pvp server on gm_bigcity and I'm having good idea.

It's annoying to spawn and get instantly killed if someone is camping spawn.

We're using E2 at the moment to give people noclip at the spawn, stargate weapon disabler to disable weapons and holo to mark spawn zone with big white bubble but this is not enough because we need admin to be online all the time.

So im suggesting to add some module to protect spawn. You can choose from menu how big that area is and is it square or circle and on that area you couldn't use other weapons than physgun and gmod_tool and you have god on you. When you leave the spawn zone you see some kind of warning, godmode goes off and you can use your weapons again.

Thank you for reading this. :)

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
Re: Spawnprotection
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:26 AM »
Wouldn't they just wait on the outside of the spawn zone then?
Maybe what could be better is a certain amount of time a person will get godmode when spawned, so they run around, go to their house or whatever they need to do. To prevent mineging before the time is up, godmode would be broken as soon as a gun is equipped.

Just an idea.
This might also be useful in sandbox mode on some servers.
My TTT server. Join the fun!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
I was thinking same krooks.
Though I'd not do it, I was thinking 'if' I were to be a camper, I'd sit on one of the tall buildings far away and snipe.

The godmode timer unless weapon equipped sounds much better. Nice.
Now, will that be done by one of Team Ulysses members. Probably not.
Will someone see this idea and perhaps develop it...more likely.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline sweetone

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 03:04:10 PM »
Wouldn't they just wait on the outside of the spawn zone then?
Maybe what could be better is a certain amount of time a person will get godmode when spawned, so they run around, go to their house or whatever they need to do. To prevent mineging before the time is up, godmode would be broken as soon as a gun is equipped.

Just an idea.
This might also be useful in sandbox mode on some servers.

Good idea but I meant that safe zone to build things thats why I need it just like that way. :Dd

or yea maybe 15minutes time to build at once and then you need to spend 15 minutes outside that buildzone or die to be safe at safezone again.

Yea it could be nice if someone can develop this it could be really useful when we're having 10-15players online.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:08:40 PM by sweetone »