ULX

Author Topic: Voteban  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Willdy

Voteban
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »
I noticed a while ago when we used 'Ulx Bans' (the web banning system) that votebans didn't display a reason beside them. This was also the case but bans which showed in xgui.

Is this a bug or does it need to be enabled somewhere? :s

(banning via ulx banid and ulx ban displayed reasons!)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Voteban
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:53:32 AM »
Are you passing both ban time and reason after playername when starting a voteban?
"ulx voteban <player> <time> <reason>"
Without taking closer look at our code, I could imagine not passing time cause ULX to not see reason.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Willdy

Re: Voteban
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »
Well, after working with Russy on his little web ban system thing (Find it in the downloads section, its very useful if you get it working). And after testing multiple things with it, I noticed votebans came up as if they were typed from the console, and the reason box was blank. After doing a little bit of code trawling and talking to Russy, we concluded the issue was within ULX and how it activated votebans, would it be possible for this to be changed at all?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't reliese I already had posted this, http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5485.0.html. I am still waiting for a reply XD

Are you passing both ban time and reason after playername when starting a voteban?
"ulx voteban <player> <time> <reason>"
Without taking closer look at our code, I could imagine not passing time cause ULX to not see reason.
An example of the command typed would be:
Player1: ulx voteban Willdy 1440 RDM
(Banning of player Willdy for 24 hours for RDM)

This would then show up as..
Name: Willdy
Banned by: Console
Time: 1 Day
Reason:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:00:13 AM by Willdy »