ULX

Author Topic: Multiply Inherits  (Read 3395 times)

Offline 123123123

Multiply Inherits
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:49:41 AM »
Hi, I am just wondering if some 1 could add a option to add more than 1 rank that can be Inherits to another like i am having a system on ma server with allows me for a sort of way, give a player multiply ranks, ect. Mimic1212 is rank: Legend, he donates, he rank is now Legend - D.

Also so he gets all commands from Legend rank and a spec Donator rank, i know i can just go ahead and add both ranks in the .txt file, but it will be MUCH BETTER if i can add them from more than 1 in the menu.

Thanks,
ZeroXitreo (xPlayrs Owner)
The server - Well, i 1st need a donator lol... well if i am online on server, just ask me to show it and i'll show yo :3
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:51:33 AM by 123123123 »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Multiply Inherits
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »
We used to support multiple inheritance, but we took it out for the sake of simplicity.

The best way to handle this would be to have "LegendD" inherit from "Legend" and then just grant the appropriate permissions for donators to that group.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline 123123123

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:22:59 AM »
We used to support multiple inheritance, but we took it out for the sake of simplicity.

The best way to handle this would be to have "LegendD" inherit from "Legend" and then just grant the appropriate permissions for donators to that group.

Hm oka, tho, isnt it enable to just add more inherit in it? Tho, i have to do it trough the .txt files in the ulx/ulib data?

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
I kind of agree with the number guy on this one... While in his particular situation it wouldn't be too hard to just create a new rank called LegendD and do what you suggested but consider the following...

Server has a mode or a need to have 3+ special ranks... All with their own special flags/permissions. Think of all of the groups you would have to create to accommodate every possible combination of rank.. not to mention keeping track of which rank to set the players.

While I'm not really sure how the back end of ULib is configured to allow for inheritance, I would assume for simplicity's sake, it would be easier to allow for multiple inheritances.

I know that the need for something like this isn't  very common, but it's ULX/ULib's robustness and ability to go and do what other mods can not that are what make them the best out there in my opinion.

Offline 123123123

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »
I kind of agree with the number guy on this one... While in his particular situation it wouldn't be too hard to just create a new rank called LegendD and do what you suggested but consider the following...

Server has a mode or a need to have 3+ special ranks... All with their own special flags/permissions. Think of all of the groups you would have to create to accommodate every possible combination of rank.. not to mention keeping track of which rank to set the players.

While I'm not really sure how the back end of ULib is configured to allow for inheritance, I would assume for simplicity's sake, it would be easier to allow for multiple inheritances.

I know that the need for something like this isn't  very common, but it's ULX/ULib's robustness and ability to go and do what other mods can not that are what make them the best out there in my opinion.

Thank YOU ~<3 Tho, my name is ZeroXitreo, call me Zero, (because i am a numbered guy is because i was checking some download stuff i had truble with before so... D=)

Well i was thinking about a main inherit that is keeps following (also so its still ordered in the menu know wha i am talkinga bout mate?) and all other will be a kind of sub inherit..

Offline 123123123

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »
Btw, those with a higher ranked sub Inherits will be grainted a higher posision in the menu than the regular or the other once