Author Topic: Problem with Groups and Rcon console. Please help.  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Hello and Goodbye

Problem with Groups and Rcon console. Please help.
« on: April 15, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
Ok so I have recently set up my gmod server and I have installed ulib and ulx.  The problem is when I join my server, even though I am in the super admins group, I am not actually given any of the super admin properties.  I try to add myself to superadmin via console but it says am not allowed. So I try to add my self using the server console and every space or character I put after ulx gives me an Assumption fail in the ulx/lua/share commands or something like that. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and it will not work. Can someone please help?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Problem with Groups and Rcon console. Please help.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:10:20 PM »
Server console usually doesn't return anything until you've hit enter.
Is this a dedicated server?

Also, where did you obtain ULib and ULX?
Make sure you have the latest, preferably from our SVN, at minimum, from our download page at www.ulyssesmod.net

If you're running a listen server and getting errors as you type, some other mod is monitoring your typing.

If you're running latest downloaded from our site, and it's a listen server, try running in Sandbox, if that doesn't work, try removing all other addons besides ULib/ULX and the ones that came with GMod (Valve stuff). Start back up, try it again. If no errors, add one back at a time until you find hte conflicting mod.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Hello and Goodbye

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:24:26 AM »
I did use the latest SVN from ulysses's website. And I'm running a dedicated server.  I will try uninstalling the other addons and see if the problem persists.  Also, do I uninstall the addons from my normal garrysmod folder and server garrysmod folder?

EDIT: I tried uninstalling the other addons and it is still giving me the error [@garrysmod\addons\ulib\lua\ulib\shared\commands.lua:1295] Assumption fail! in the server console for every character after ulx.  When i join my server, it says I'm already in the group superadmin but when i type !menu I am not given any of the superadmin properties.

EDIT: YAY I fixed it. I uninstalled adv_dupe, wire, and fpp. I then did a full uninstall and reinstall of ulx/ulib.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:08:07 PM by Hello and Goodbye »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:29:26 PM »
Odd. Latest versions (I know of) of Wire and adv_dupe are known to work.
Not sure about FPP.
And...those don't use auto-complete to my knowledge (which was where you had troubles).

Try adding back one at a time (latest versions of course)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming