ULX

Author Topic: Jesus as a gamer  (Read 2000 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Jesus as a gamer
« on: August 04, 2012, 06:53:42 AM »
While checking my /. geek news today, came across a side discussion of an article that quite literally had me in my chair laughing with a tear or two.

Even if you're not Christian, as a PC gamer/geek (most of us here at Ulysses forums are), it's difficult not to see the humor.
Unless, of course, you're not familiar with the acts of Christ they are alluding to.

I've edited formatting for clarity.
WWJD (Score:5, Funny) by KiloByte (825081) on Saturday August 04, @07:34AM (#40876825)

So cheating with wallhacks is bad? Not for a christian -- Jesus abused an item cloning bug [wikipedia.org] himself.

------------------------------
Re:WWJD (Score:2) by Johann Lau (1040920) on Saturday August 04, @07:41AM (#40876849)

I hope cloning food is one of those glitches that will end up as a feature someday, like rocket jumping. At any rate, since he shared the bread and fishes with all on the server, I wouldn't call it abusing the bug, especially since they were all just idling anyway, there wasn't a match in progress at that time.

Re:WWJD (Score:2) by indeterminator (1829904) on Saturday August 04, @08:01AM (#40876897)

RE:At any rate, since he shared the bread and fishes with all on the server, I wouldn't call it abusing the bug, especially since they were all just idling anyway, there wasn't a match in progress at that time.

Some other cases of him exploting glitches also come to mind. But being a son of the server admin, I don't think there was any chance of him getting banned...

Re:WWJD (Score:2) by Johann Lau (1040920) on Saturday August 04, @08:19AM (#40876949)

Well yeah, there's that ^^ But as I said, I don't think it counts as cheating, since he wasn't really fragging anyone... IIRC he mostly warned of the impending crash of the server they were on, while handing out the access details for the new one ("the admin's private server has many slots") to those who agreed to installing punkbuster and having their score reset. He exploited glitches to get the attention of players for that purpose, sure, but I'm not sure that sounds as cheating?

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming