Author Topic: How do I find my SteamID?  (Read 16153 times)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
How do I find my SteamID?
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:54:32 AM »
This guide will outline how to find your Steam_ID

What is a Steam_ID?
Your STEAM_ID is a unique identifier that servers use to identify you. No one will ever share a STEAM_ID with you and you will never have the same ID as another user.

How do I find my STEAM_ID?
To find your STEAM_ID is very simple. First you need to be connected to any multiplayer server. Listen Servers do not count.
Once connected, open your console (see below if you do not know how) and type status and press enter.
This prints out a list of all of the users connected to the server and some information about them.
Find the line that has your user name and find within that line your STEAM_ID. (see picture below) It should be listed after your name.

^^ Example of where to find a STEAM_ID within a status report ^^

How do I open my developers console?
While in a game, press ~ (located right above the TAB key)
If pressing that key does nothing, you will need to enable the use of the developers console
To enable the console, Open your options (EXC by default) and select options. Within the options menu, select the Keyboard Options tab and check the box that enables the use of the developers console.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: How do I find my SteamID?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:23:06 AM »
Although this tutorial you've already posted MrPresident works quite well. I know of a different method I will show you now. If I'm not allowed to post here, I apologize and you can remove my post without warning, but if you did enjoy this method, feel free to include it in your original post. You have my full permission.

Pros about this method:
This method does not require you to use your developer console, or even go in-game for that matter.

Cons about this method:
I believe you will have to have your Steam profile set up for this to work, but I may be wrong. This is not a big issue though, as most people should have their Steam community profile at least set up with the basic stuff (You DO NOT need to fill it out fully).

Things you will need:
  • A web browser. (For example Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera. You're using a web browser RIGHT NOW).
  • You need to have Steam open and logged in.
  • Basic "Know how to use a computer" knowledge.

Step 1 - Going to your Steam community profile: You will need get your Steam community URL, which you can do using multiple ways as I will explain a bit further down in the post, but for the most part this means that you will need to go on your Steam community profile.  If you already know how to open your Steam community profile, skip to step 2.

Going to your Steam community profile can be done in multiple ways, I'm showing 3 methods on the picture below.

Method 1&2 are the easiest, but pretty much the same.
Method 1: You can go on your main Steam window (the one with "Store", "Library" etc.) and click your avatar as shown in the red square in the bottom-right of the picture.

Method 2: Go on your friends list (you should know how), and do the same as in method 1, click your Steam avatar (Again, shown in the red square close to the bottom-right).

Method 3: This takes longer than just clicking on your Steam avatar, but still works. Hover over your name (green square) in the main Steam window, mine is "Decicus" as an example. Then click "Profile" (red square).

Step 2 - Getting your Steam community URL: Again I have a picture to show what you need to do as soon as you're on your Steam community profile to get your Steam community URL.

Right-click anywhere on the Steam community page and click "Copy Page URL" (red square).

Step 3 - SteamIDFinder.com: After you've copied your Steam community URL, open up a new tab in your web browser and go to http://steamidfinder.com. Alternatively you can scroll-wheel click or CTRL + left-click the link for it to automatically open the page in a new tab.

The page should look like this. Click inside the box shown (red square), and then paste the URL into it (Right-click -> "Paste" or CTRL + V). Then press "ENTER" on your keyboard, or click the lime-green magnifying glass with your mouse.

After you've done that, you should be able to see some more info about your Steam profile. An example is shown on the picture. Your Steam ID is what is inside the box where the red square is, as an example, my Steam ID is "STEAM_0:1:18726919".
The amount of digits may vary depending on when you registered your Steam account (mine is 5 years old, if your Steam account is around 8 years old, you may have less digits after the last colon).
For future reference, if you've set up a custom profile URL (the letters+numbers after the "http://steamcommunity.com/id/" is your custom profile URL, my example is "FADWAlex"), you can try to remember that as it is possible for you to enter just that in the box where it wants your Steam community URL.

If you've read this all the way through, and you're having problems, feel free to send me a PM and I will reply to you ASAP.
And if it helped you, I would greatly appreciate a "Compliment" through the forums karma system, it took me some time to write this.
  ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:10:34 AM by Decicus »
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:58:55 AM »
Very well written, Decicus!
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 08:59:50 AM »
Very well written, Decicus!

I appreciate it, Megiddo. Thanks!
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.