Author Topic: Admin restrictions  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Samg381

• Owner- Samg381's Sandbox
    • Samg381's Sandbox Server
Admin restrictions
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
Similar to the outdated addon 'unolimited', I think ULX should have a feature where the owner can select entities certian players can spawn. For example, I want to allow all superadmins to be able to spawn vehicles and weapons from the menu.

Offline Doomed

Re: Admin restrictions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 02:24:15 PM »
Though anyone may code a module for ULX doing so, the feature you request goes far beyond the simplicity (both maintenance-wise, and usage) of the true motto of the Ulysses "brand".
"Striving for Simplicity"
URS was created, and the original author actually included the same feature UnoLimited used.
Both original authors (me being one) simply have not had time (and in my case also, enough interest) to come by and update.

Garry included many variables within some of the entities themselves that would prevent usage of them.
I've not looked at Gm13, but presume they still exist, and perhaps, have been made better.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Tristian Wood

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
Aaron is fixing URS up for gmod13, so once that is fixed then you can use that. It has group set prop limits and vehicle limits. Its an all round good addon, you can also use it restrict tools.
Owner of soul gaming

Offline Samg381

• Owner- Samg381's Sandbox
    • Samg381's Sandbox Server
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 03:48:41 AM »
I will be sure to use this!