Author Topic: Specific commands with specific permissions  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Milk_

Specific commands with specific permissions
« on: November 27, 2012, 02:10:12 AM »
So basically I want to do the following things and want to know if it is possible.

Have a premium usergroup have access to ragdoll ONLY themself. I have tried playing around with this and the only outcome I could get is using 'ulx setgroupcantarget premium premium', which then only allows them to ragdoll other premium members, but then means the premium usergroup cannot use any other commands such as ulx votekick.

Another thing I am trying to accomplish is allowing specific users have access to a super admin command in darkrp (rp_setname), and be able to use this on anybody.

Thanks.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Specific commands with specific permissions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:22:27 AM »
You're looking for the following:

Code: [Select]
ulx groupallow premium "ulx ragdoll" "^"
Which should be read: allow the premium usergroup to use "ulx ragdoll", but only allow them to target themselves (recall that "^" is a shortcut for self in the targeting system as explained in "ulx help").

You're on your own for DarkRP help, I'm not familiar enough with it.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Milk_

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
Thanks for your reply. The ragdoll thing worked perfect, for the DarkRP thing, is there just an option that allows certain usergroups to perform any sort of chosen console command (that isn't ulx?)

ie something similar to 'ulx groupallow premium "rp_setname" "*"'

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:45:02 AM »
ULX plays nicely with other mods and does not take over permissions for non-ULX commands. Sorry, but it's better for everyone in the long run this way.

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 09:12:40 AM »
Thanks for your reply. The ragdoll thing worked perfect, for the DarkRP thing, is there just an option that allows certain usergroups to perform any sort of chosen console command (that isn't ulx?)

ie something similar to 'ulx groupallow premium "rp_setname" "*"'

You can always make one with some lua code, how ever it would be a little redundent because then they can just overide it by typing rp_setname args into their console any way.

I do belive that you can remove the console command and just use the function that rp_setname uses as a ulx command. As in you remove rp_setname and replace it with ulx setname.

Ill code that for you when I get home if you want. :)
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline Milk_

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
hm, sounds complex.

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is letting my moderators change other players RP names if they refuse to do so themselves. In darkrp this can be done by using rp_setname <name> <new name>, and was just hoping that ulx could (somehow) execute rp_setname on the moderators request and not require superadmin privileged like it says.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
If you trust your moderators, you could give them "ulx cexec" power. Probably want to only allow them to target non-admins with that.