Author Topic: Sourcebans & ULX/ULib  (Read 107028 times)

Offline kaytaro

Re: Sourcebans & ULX/ULib
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2013, 04:48:32 AM »
was curious why my bans don't show up on my sourcebans site? I've banned myself and it doesn't work :\ .. though banning did XD . It's not the ports because I run tf2 servers and they're able to connect to it.

Offline Milk_

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2013, 03:56:35 AM »
erm, I had this exact same problem a couple months ago, and have attempted to install sourcebans again (I never figured it our previously.) But for some reason, everything on the website side of things is fine... I can kick and ban through the site, and unban.. although I have set myself as admin on my server, and the server detects that an admin is online.. yet when I try to use sm_ commands.. it says I don't have access to this command?

edit: this is sort of weird.. It's like the server isn't reading the admin groups properly. Console is giving 'Loading Admin Groups...' message, but isn't giving a confirmation message to say it has loaded it (as I'm pretty sure it is meant to do?)

It surely must be connecting to the database ok, because if I deliberately mistype the username for the database user, console says it access is denied for the user. Is there possibly any way I can specify the admins manually through the .lua file or something.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:11:57 AM by Milk_ »

Offline centran

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2013, 07:08:54 AM »
are you sure the admins are setup in sourcebans correctly? You should get a message in console when you connect that says so and so connected and they are in admin group whatever.
If you aren't seeing that you are being placed in a group then you either are not in sourcebans as an admin or you didn't do the edit to the sourcebans module which loads all admins in sourcebans instead of just for the server group.

Offline bubblecon11

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
When I ban this happens:

Code: [Select]
Results:

[ERROR] addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/sban.lua:43: attempt to index global 'sourcebans' (a nil value)
1. call - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/sban.lua:43
2. __fn - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:943
3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:1296
4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69

Offline centran

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
When I ban this happens:

Results:

[ERROR] addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/sban.lua:43: attempt to index global 'sourcebans' (a nil value)
1. call - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/sban.lua:43
2. __fn - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:943
3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:1296
4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69

The sourcebans module is not loaded. You will have to look further up in console(when the server just starts or on a map change) to see why the sourcebans module is not loading. If there are no error message then you either didn't put the sourcebans module and config in the correct location or didn't put them on at all. Please re-read the instructions carefully and try again.

Offline Milk_

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:25 PM »
are you sure the admins are setup in sourcebans correctly? You should get a message in console when you connect that says so and so connected and they are in admin group whatever.
If you aren't seeing that you are being placed in a group then you either are not in sourcebans as an admin or you didn't do the edit to the sourcebans module which loads all admins in sourcebans instead of just for the server group.

I must have set myself up as admin correctly, because when I check for admins via sourcebans.. it says there is one (me)

and just to clarify, I am meant to use the web_upload directory for the site here right?:

https://code.google.com/p/sourcebans/downloads/detail?name=SourceBans-1.4.10.zip&can=2&q=
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:22:51 AM by Milk_ »

Offline JR

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »
Works perfectly, I just use it for an online banlist, I don't use any of the other stuff. All I know is when you ban somebody it adds it to the ban list and you when you unban somebody it says they are unbanned. Perfect, thanks.

Offline Milk_

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2013, 10:11:05 AM »
Finally fixed it, turns out the config file automatically tries to use the prefix sbans_ whereas the website tries to use sb_

Offline Deathtitan77

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2013, 08:38:12 AM »
Does this still work now?

Offline centran

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »
Does this still work now?

still works

Offline lithium720

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »
Every time I ban someone with ulx ban this prints to the server console & the server crashes:

[ERROR] addons/ulib/lua/ulib/server/player.lua:209: attempt to index field 'bans' (a nil value)
  1. banfunc - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/server/player.lua:209
   2. addBan - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_bans.lua:81
    3. kickban - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/server/player.lua:154
     4. call - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/util.lua:59
      5. __fn - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:943
       6. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:1296
        7. Run - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69
         8. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:1310
          9. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69

Lua Error: [ERROR] Invalid object2! (not userdata)

and on mapchange the server crashes and prints this to console:

1. format - [C]:-1
   2. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/server/player.lua:234
    3. include - [C]:-1
     4. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/init.lua:34
      5. include - [C]:-1
       6. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/autorun/ulib_init.lua:3

Any Ideas?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:44:06 PM by lithium720 »

Offline centran

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2013, 09:02:32 AM »
I would try re-installing ulx and make sure banning is working without this modification.
From the error it appears that the bans table never gets initialized. Nothing with adding sourcebans intergration should have messed with ulx enough to mess that up. It sounds like there is a problem with your ulx/ulib install.

Offline lithium720

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »
^^ You were correct. Reinstalled & it works smoothly now. Thanks!

Offline aaronhatton

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2013, 02:40:18 AM »
This is a weird one, i get this error:

L 05/26/2013 - 10:40:28: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:1:54374354><>" was banned "permanently" by "Console"
L 05/26/2013 - 10:40:39: Lua Error: [05/26/13 10:40:39][SourceBans.lua] Player [GV] AaronHatton joined, but SourceBans.lua is not active!
[05/26/13 10:40:39][SourceBans.lua] Player [GV] AaronHatton joined, but SourceBans.lua is not active!L 05/26/2013 - 10:40:39: Lua Error:

The bans done add to the database either... Any ideas?

May i point out that there is no errors what so ever apart from this...

Offline Deathtitan77

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2013, 07:55:15 AM »
Is it weird that it gives me Error connecting to server but still lists my ban on the sourcebans website?
It also keeps me banned even if my time has expired until I delete the ban completely from sourcebans.
I am also using the sban command.
Here is also an error, I get from the server console: addons/ulx/lua/includes/modules/sourcebans.lua:248: attempt to index field 'Select Admin Groups' (a nil value)
It also lists me as console on the sourcebans website, when I have a sourcebans account with my correct steamid.
Any help would be great.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:04:08 AM by Deathtitan77 »