ULX

Author Topic: AAFK V_3.1 : Anti-AFK system for Garry's Mod  (Read 110910 times)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: AAFK V_3.1 : Anti-AFK system for Garry's Mod
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2014, 12:20:35 AM »
I'm not sure how PAC3 works, but AAFK is serverside. So, there's really no easy way to check if they're in PAC since I'm assuming that the menu is all clientside.

Offline Xer0n

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2014, 01:13:28 AM »
Can you add support if someone is in a vehicle (prop_vehicle_jeep)?  I run sandbox servers and people quite often will go AFK in a vehicle and the system does not kick them for it.  They have upwards of 10+ hours, which is padding our pointshop.. other than that no real complaints.

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2014, 08:58:56 AM »
I'm not sure how PAC3 works, but AAFK is serverside. So, there's really no easy way to check if they're in PAC since I'm assuming that the menu is all clientside.
I'm sure this wouldn't be easy but I will ask anyway;
Could you implement a ulx cvar for this? For example; ulx dontafk (makes afk system ignore such player) the UPS prop protection system has features like this and make giving people rights very easy. PlayX also has a similar thing for access to its services.

How it would hopefully work: I would use ulx groupallow 'name' 'ulx dontafk' so the specific user could not be kicked by the afk system.

If I completely confused you let me know.

Offline Avoid

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »
Hello,
I am pretty sure AAFK already comes with such a feature, take a look here:
Code: [Select]
CreateConVar("ulx_afk_ignoreadmins", 1, FCVAR_ARCHIVE, "Should we ignore AFK admins? (1=yes, 0=no).")

if pl:IsAdmin() and GetConVarNumber( "ulx_afk_ignoreadmins" ) == 1 then
        return
end

Avoid

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2014, 04:45:26 PM »
That is just a check for admins, i want the ability for player specific not rank specific.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2014, 08:05:28 PM »
Bryan, Avoid was stating that it wouldn't be that much more difficult to implement.
That doesn't mean MrPresident will have time/urge to though. :)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Shalmendo

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »
In regards to PAC 3, it does put a statement over the playermodel saying 'in PAC3' so it might not be difficult to listen for some PAC3 related event for when people go into the editor. Or, it may be possible to add a module to PAC3 to create a hook that would allow any script to detect a player's pac3 status.

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »

In regards to PAC 3, it does put a statement over the playermodel saying 'in PAC3' so it might not be difficult to listen for some PAC3 related event for when people go into the editor. Or, it may be possible to add a module to PAC3 to create a hook that would allow any script to detect a player's pac3 status.

I was just thinking that, maybe i could ask advice from the pac creator.

Offline Shalmendo

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2014, 08:00:25 AM »
I was just thinking that, maybe i could ask advice from the pac creator.

That is an excellent idea! If Mr. President is willing to do some coordinating, I'm sure we could have an option to prevent kicking people who are in PAC3. Although it does create the possibility of exploitation to go AFK anyway and not get kicked. There may be a way to prevent that was well, but that would be up to the PAC3 guy and Mr. President to work out. It would be a nice extra bit of polish though.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
I'm sorry, but I typically don't cater my mods to other addons. I am perfectly fine with someone else releasing a bit of code that adds this though as long as people understand that it's not official and any updates I make in the future would need to be re-patched with the specific code for PAC3.

Offline Darkside

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »
Cool Man :}

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2015, 07:09:41 AM »

I'm sorry, but I typically don't cater my mods to other addons. I am perfectly fine with someone else releasing a bit of code that adds this though as long as people understand that it's not official and any updates I make in the future would need to be re-patched with the specific code for PAC3.

this idea popped into my head; what if you were to make a window pop up that does as follows

'please click OK if you are not afk'

[ok]

When ok is clicked it cancels out the kick timer the same way a player moving would. I don't think that would be 'too' hard to do, maybe you like my thinking as well :D also this would make PAC3 not be a problem any more.

If not, I could try and do it myself by comparing to another lua file that is similar. Hopefully you like my idea though!

Offline Belly136

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
For some reason i don't get flagged as afk or kicked after the selected time i set... No errors in server and client console tho.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:08:10 AM by Belly136 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2015, 11:12:01 AM »
Are you an admin? If so, do you have ignore admins on?
Is the server full? If not, do you have only kick when full turned on?
If none of those apply, are there errors in console at server startup or when you should be kicked when it reaches time?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Belly136

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »
Yes i am and i do have ignore admins on.
Server isn't full and no i don't have kick when full turned on.
There are no errors anywhere... Everything seems to be working fine but i'm just not getting any notification or kick.