Poll

Was any of these somewhat interesting or "cool"?

Yes, thank you :)
262 (96.7%)
No, do better next time :(
9 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 270

Author Topic: Player Connect/Disconnect Message [1.11v]  (Read 123356 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Player Connect/Disconnect message
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 06:22:53 PM »
When you kick or ban someone, ULX will print out that they've been kicked/banned in chat.

Unless you meant how they left, as in client crash, client disconnect, timeout, etc.

Not sure why you would want to do that. Though I really can't help you with that because I don't know how I would go about doing that...
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Neku

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2013, 12:11:49 AM »
Not sure why you would want to do that. Though I really can't help you with that because I don't know how I would go about doing that...

I hope this isn't directed towards me, as I wasn't the one who asked if it could do that.
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline JakeGriffin

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
That's what the log echo is for.
When you kick or ban someone, ULX will print out that they've been kicked/banned in chat.

Unless you meant how they left, as in client crash, client disconnect, timeout, etc.

I have turned the ULX command echoes off - I want it to fit in with the chat theme.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »
I have turned the ULX command echoes off - I want it to fit in with the chat theme.

Mhhh... everyone else seems to know what you want, so I'll just let them take care of it, because I really can't tell what you're talking about...

I hope this isn't directed towards me, as I wasn't the one who asked if it could do that.

Sorry, I've been busy, so I thought you were the one who was asking so I was just quoting someone.

Offline Neku

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »

Gotta be more specific on "chat theme".
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline EverCandy

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 11:35:18 PM »
Good News guys! I found out the reason as to why it didn't display the join and leave message. But before that, I just I like to say that this might not be the case for all of you. Well, it is at least for me. So enjoy...?

Anyways on to the issue, it was actually caused by this addon called motd gd. It is an advert addon that pays you for each that the players see. So when I was doing the test, I noticed that join and leave msg worked fine without motd gd or maybe every advert addon. That seems to be the case. I might be wrong though.

Offline Oneleg

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »
Hello!

I tried adding this back into my server, and I followed your instructions and extracted this into the addons folder of the garrysmod directory in the server files. I've restarted and everything afterward as well, but it appears it's still not working. If you could help that would be greatly appreciated!

~ Oneleg

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2014, 03:28:18 PM »
Hello!

I tried adding this back into my server, and I followed your instructions and extracted this into the addons folder of the garrysmod directory in the server files. I've restarted and everything afterward as well, but it appears it's still not working. If you could help that would be greatly appreciated!

~ Oneleg

Make sure that in garrysmod/addons/Apple-Join_Leave_Msg/lua/autorun/ there are two files which are cl_player.lua and sv_player.lua

Offline JakeGriffin

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Sorry I haven't been more specific. Here is what the script looks like on my server:

Now when a user is kicked or banned, I want it to change from "has left the server" to "was kicked" or "was banned from the server".

Offline pants

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
The only thing that would make this better is if when a player joined it sais "was last seen on mm:dd:yyyy time

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »
The only thing that would make this better is if when a player joined it sais "was last seen on mm:dd:yyyy time
You could modify UTime to do that, but it's not possible on this.
Not easy, at least.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2014, 03:29:44 PM »

That would be really easy, but I mean is not really needed because utime does that already.

You could modify UTime to do that, but it's not possible on this.
Not easy, at least.

Not to point fingers at anyone or sound rude, but it's actually quite easy and possible.

Sorry I haven't been more specific. Here is what the script looks like on my server:

Requires modifications to ulx as far as I know. I'll check more into it later this month.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:32:38 PM by chaos13125 »

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »
That would be really easy, but I mean is not really needed because utime does that already.

Not to point fingers at anyone or sound rude, but it's actually quite easy and possible.

Requires modifications to ulx as far as I know. I'll check more into it later this month.
.-.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline pants

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2014, 01:07:17 AM »
Utime does that but not for every player on the server, only a self-announcement, or when it does you have to stare at them.

When they connect I could be like man has it really been two weeks since Melvin has been on?

or I could notice easier if that my staff members on my server have been taking weird 4 day breaks frequently.
I just feel like it'd be a cool announcement.

I may try and learn how to do this myself, but I've never actually coded anything. so there's that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:13:01 AM by pants »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2014, 10:30:23 AM »
Utime does that but not for every player on the server, only a self-announcement, or when it does you have to stare at them.

When they connect I could be like man has it really been two weeks since Melvin has been on?

or I could notice easier if that my staff members on my server have been taking weird 4 day breaks frequently.
I just feel like it'd be a cool announcement.

I may try and learn how to do this myself, but I've never actually coded anything. so there's that.

Okay, I get you now. Yeah, I'll think about it, wouldn't be that hard to do.