Author Topic: [Request] ULX Maul TTT Does not set player to spectator :(  (Read 2969 times)

Offline aaronhatton

[Request] ULX Maul TTT Does not set player to spectator :(
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:07:47 AM »
Hello,

I considered editing my servers code but i came to realize i'm just gonna update and loose all my work so here is a suggestion...

So once the player is killed just run this...

If GetConVarNumber( " ulx_ttt_gamemode " ) == 1 then

ply:SetTeam(TEAM_SPEC)
end

would help me alot!

Offline nathan736

Re: [Request] ULX Maul TTT Does not set player to spectator :(
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »
this is not going to get added as maul does not need to do this nor should you use maul in a ttt server  as it can be worthless on some maps. ( NO NAV MAP DERP)
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »
Nathan, thanks, but let us speak for us. :)

Aaron, thanks for the input.
Though we probably wouldn't add it just for maul, and especially not just for one gamemode, I could see us adding it as a code improvement for any of our death commands that use the spectate function after death. (which, for all I remember, might only be maul at this time)
Something more along the lines of the following would probably be better.
(NOT 100% lua of course)
if gamemode ~= Sandbox and <some ply:team|gamemode check to verify TEAM_SPEC would fit> then <use team_spec> else <normal method> end

My only concern that I won't research atm is this...if you die in TTT, does it place you in spectator view?
I could see some team game modes where it wouldn't WANT you in a spectator mode, which may be why TTT is overriding it now
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline nathan736

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:34:22 AM »
thanks jamminR for clearing up my speed post > : D
if you do want to add this and not worry about it geting changed isnt there a way to redefine the command elsewhere ?
im not sure if bad things happen then
Ps:you could also do a cheesy way to automatically id the body instead of sending some one to spec
make sure you use the person who used  the command to id the body or use a random person if the previous did not work because this could cause errors in ttt (as ttt might not have a back up for IDing bodys)
pss: above method because we dont want to edit ttt code
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."