Author Topic: Playsound with no sound!?!  (Read 1661 times)

Offline BlackSanta

Playsound with no sound!?!
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
Hi! I was using ULX's playsound command (i have the sounds placed in the right folder, AND they have been downloaded by clients) but when i played the sound, it popped up in global chat "Black Santa played America.mp3" BUT, no noise. At all. I know i have everything in the right place, as 2 other sound files HAVE been download, and they work. If anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it! Also if you need any other info to help me, such as what my directories look like or something, just ask!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Playsound with no sound!?!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »
Generally this would indicate that the clients didn't properly download it (if you can run the command, the server definitely has it). Try setting sv_cheats to 1 and running the following on your client console:

Code: [Select]
lua_run_cl print( file.Exists( "sound/<my sound file>", "GAME" ) )

If it says "false", the client doesn't have the sound file.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline BlackSanta

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »
I ran that command you gave me, and it said true. But still, no sound. It says it plays, but we no one can hear it. Got any other ideas i can take a whack at?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
Is it possible the Source engine just doesn't like that particular mp3 for some reason? Try repeating the procedure with some other generic, small mp3.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.