ULX

Poll

Was this module useful, and helpful?

Yes :)
134 (93.7%)
No :(
9 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Author Topic: Utime Hour Changer Addon :) [2.18v]  (Read 78876 times)

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: Utime Hour Changer Addon :)
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
Is there a console command, or do I have to actually be on the server to use it?

The console command is "ulx settime Player number", where you replace the player and the number with what you want.
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Malkeur

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 07:34:15 AM »
Did you ever create a mySQL edition?
I'd really be interested in seeing utime for mysql.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
Did you ever create a mySQL edition?
I'd really be interested in seeing utime for mysql.

I did create my own version, but it's private because it only works for my servers. There are other ones on this forum; http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5737.30.html

Also, this addon works with this version, as I have checked.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Malkeur

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 05:18:43 PM »
I now realize what you mean.

If you do release a ulx time changer that works with utime moo, that'd be awesome.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:53:02 PM by Malkeur »

Offline DemonBrayden

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »
Can i have the link to this for my gmod server??(Utime Hour Changer Addon)?

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »
Can i have the link to this for my gmod server??(Utime Hour Changer Addon)?

download it here...
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6182.0;attach=583

Offline Shalmendo

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
I'm sorry to report that the module for this isn't loading at all. I've checked in the console log and it doesn't report it as loading amongst all the other modules. I've looked several times, and yes, the server has been totally restarted (multiple times). Does it need updating or is it my server? What information can I give you to help figure this out?

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2014, 07:35:41 PM »
I'm sorry to report that the module for this isn't loading at all. I've checked in the console log and it doesn't report it as loading amongst all the other modules. I've looked several times, and yes, the server has been totally restarted (multiple times). Does it need updating or is it my server? What information can I give you to help figure this out?

Did you put this in addons? Like are you sure you didn't have it like:
gmod/addons/MYADDON/MYADDON/files??

Because I know a lot of people who do that...

Offline Shalmendo

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2014, 07:09:49 AM »
Did you put this in addons? Like are you sure you didn't have it like:
gmod/addons/MYADDON/MYADDON/files??

Because I know a lot of people who do that...

Oh I think I figured out the problem. Your folder format inside the download is slightly different from others and you have it nested inside of the root folder in directory called lua, which contains the addon.txt and relevant files. So I should put the LUA folder into the addons folder, not the containing folder (ulx set Utime) . Oops. I thought I was better than this! Sorry to waste your time!

Edit:

This is what I get for jumping on the forums without some morning caffeine. I misread the folder structure in your compressed file download. After re-chcking the FTP folder structure, it's correct. The addon.txt, with it's containing lua folder are in a folder like this: garrysmod/addons/ulx set Utime/addon.txt with a subfolder of 'lua'. It's not working like this for some reason, and i'm not sure why. It's not listed in the ULX loading reports, nor do I have any options for it once I open the GUI.

So apparently it's not starting at all.

Further edit:

I went through and compared the folder structures of both the ULX addon itself, and the change utime folders, and yours looks like it's correct. I'm mystified why it's not loading. What are common reasons for ulx addons not even showing up in the loading status?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:17:28 AM by Shalmendo »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2014, 06:25:38 PM »
Oh I think I figured out the problem. Your folder format inside the download is slightly different from others and you have it nested inside of the root folder in directory called lua, which contains the addon.txt and relevant files. So I should put the LUA folder into the addons folder, not the containing folder (ulx set Utime) . Oops. I thought I was better than this! Sorry to waste your time!

Edit:

This is what I get for jumping on the forums without some morning caffeine. I misread the folder structure in your compressed file download. After re-chcking the FTP folder structure, it's correct. The addon.txt, with it's containing lua folder are in a folder like this: garrysmod/addons/ulx set Utime/addon.txt with a subfolder of 'lua'. It's not working like this for some reason, and i'm not sure why. It's not listed in the ULX loading reports, nor do I have any options for it once I open the GUI.

So apparently it's not starting at all.

Further edit:

I went through and compared the folder structures of both the ULX addon itself, and the change utime folders, and yours looks like it's correct. I'm mystified why it's not loading. What are common reasons for ulx addons not even showing up in the loading status?

It works for me, the best way to see if it's not working is when you start the server, it tells you all the modules that load for ulx. So, I'd suggest to check yours with mine. See if your folder/files look like mine:

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »
Updated All Plugins:
I updated all files/folder names to lowercase and underscores so that we won't have a problem with linux based server.

Special Thanks to Princess Twilight Sparkle

Offline Shalmendo

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »
Updated All Plugins:
I updated all files/folder names to lowercase and underscores so that we won't have a problem with linux based server.

Special Thanks to Princess Twilight Sparkle

Oh was that the problem? I've been trying to figure out similiar issues with other addons not loading possibly due to similiar problems in a thread here:
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,7755.0.html

I believe it IS on a linux based system, but we're moving to a dedicated system hosted by the owner himself now, so we'll have full access and not have to put up with that stupid wrench control panel that doesn't seem to work properly. Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate the assistance.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
Oh was that the problem? I've been trying to figure out similiar issues with other addons not loading possibly due to similiar problems in a thread here:
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,7755.0.html

I believe it IS on a linux based system, but we're moving to a dedicated system hosted by the owner himself now, so we'll have full access and not have to put up with that stupid wrench control panel that doesn't seem to work properly. Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate the assistance.

It was possible that the having a linux based server was the issue with my addon, but it "should" be fixed, according to Princess Brony Person. So, but it's possible that there was maybe another issue with yours, but if it's not loading, I can't really help with that, as it's nothing I can diagnose without it loading and erroring out. But if I recall, GMOD also has it's own loading thing, telling you what loads and what doesn't, though as you said, you don't have access to the main server, it may not be of much help. I suppose all I can say is, good luck mate. If you have any other questions, typically I do not browse these forums anymore, but others are helpful on here, and can provide answers on most problems generally with anything (which includes my plugins).

Offline Shalmendo

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 07:27:32 AM »
It was possible that the having a linux based server was the issue with my addon, but it "should" be fixed, according to Princess Brony Person. So, but it's possible that there was maybe another issue with yours, but if it's not loading, I can't really help with that, as it's nothing I can diagnose without it loading and erroring out. But if I recall, GMOD also has it's own loading thing, telling you what loads and what doesn't, though as you said, you don't have access to the main server, it may not be of much help. I suppose all I can say is, good luck mate. If you have any other questions, typically I do not browse these forums anymore, but others are helpful on here, and can provide answers on most problems generally with anything (which includes my plugins).

Thank you very much for trying to help me out. It's kind of a moot issue at this point since we're migrating to a personal dedicated server running in the owner's house, instead of a hosted service. I should be able to have full SSH contact with it and more, so this won't be an issue anymore. Thanks for helping!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
Bytewave, I've changed the appearance of your name on our forums, at the request of your signature.
I've also deleted your last post.
This thread isn't the place to question such things. I honestly don't think he meant ill-will.
Take it private if you truly wish to question a possible mis-understanding.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming