ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 534880 times)

Offline The Asian Aimbot

• Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman, rise... and shine...
    • Asian Domain GMod Sandbox Server
Re: URS Mass Restrict
« Reply #570 on: May 27, 2016, 04:51:03 PM »
See the tab in URS that says "all?" Click that. Now, in that menu, set the "minge" group, and then type in swep, tools, props, etc. This will restrict all of that type of swep/sent/props. :3
The Asian Toaster man who escaped the Great Martian Coup of '69, hid in Beijing for 9 months, and was cast away by the FSM. Flew away w/ GoombasTasteGood and hid in Addis Ababa after fleeing to Botswana, then to Canada.

http://www.downloadmorewam.com

Offline Walter Jordan

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #571 on: May 27, 2016, 06:34:34 PM »
I am trying to restrict all weapons/tools/other from a certain group, and this far the wildcard character has not worked. How would I do this using URS?

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #572 on: May 27, 2016, 09:34:50 PM »
Hi, I died for 6 months and came back to life.

I am trying to restrict all weapons/tools/other from a certain group, and this far the wildcard character has not worked. How would I do this using URS?

What The Asian Aimbot suggested should work.  There are cases where it won't, like the advance duplicator spawning stuff.  I haven't worked on this in months, so it could have broken. 

PS.  I really need to release my new version I was working on.  (Or at least a dev branch of it).

Offline The Asian Aimbot

• Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman, rise... and shine...
    • Asian Domain GMod Sandbox Server
« Reply #573 on: May 28, 2016, 04:10:18 PM »
Can you teach me your resurrection trick? I keep having trouble.
The Asian Toaster man who escaped the Great Martian Coup of '69, hid in Beijing for 9 months, and was cast away by the FSM. Flew away w/ GoombasTasteGood and hid in Addis Ababa after fleeing to Botswana, then to Canada.

http://www.downloadmorewam.com

Offline Andriiucha

« Reply #574 on: October 14, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »
I have one suggestion!

You should add one function like "Restrict Player Models for users or etc.."
[/i]

Offline LilPeep

« Reply #575 on: December 04, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »
I was told to post here in the URS Release Thread by a Staff Member.

So currently Admins on my server are capable of spawning in Weapons, Entities, NPC's, Vehicles and etc just fine, but I would like another ULX Group to be able to do the same, but I cannot have the group inheriting from Administrator due to me wanting them to have the same perms. I originally managed to make it work for another ULX Group using URS, however, URS began to restrict tools and in other groups, since I had no idea how to fix it I had to remove it.

TL:DR
How can I make another ULX Group not inherit Admin perms, but still be able to spawn in Weapons, Entities, NPC's, Vehicles and etc just like Admins, but not have URS Restrict Tools, Weapons, Entities, NPC and Vehicles from spawning?

EDIT:
Here is an error I get:

[ERROR] addons/urs-master/lua/ulx/modules/urs_server.lua:153: attempt to call field 'logSpawn' (a nil value)
  1. fn - addons/urs-master/lua/ulx/modules/urs_server.lua:153
   2. Call - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109
    3. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/commands.lua:739
     4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:54
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:50:25 PM by LilPeep »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #576 on: December 04, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »
LilPeep - that URS nil field error in line 153 uses a command (logSpawn) that relies on a ULX command.
(Not something we always recommend (that is, we intended ULib to be developed on, but not necessarily ULX))

When playing, when does that error occur?
Have you uninstalled ULX?
If ULX is installed, did you remove it's logs.lua module file?
If ULX is installed, do you have any other addon that might be modifying ULX logging?
Is there any reason why your server would return a nil steamid or playername when someone is online?

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline LilPeep

« Reply #577 on: December 05, 2017, 12:32:34 AM »
1. The error occurs whenever I try to spawn a Weapon for myself.
2. I have not uninstalled ULX.
3. It does have a log.lua.
4. I do not believe so.
5. I have no idea why.

I will reinstall ULX now and see if that straightens things up.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:36:11 AM by LilPeep »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #578 on: December 05, 2017, 07:08:05 PM »
I really don't know then. I imagine if something (ply:Nick, steamid, or another few variables) is being called and returning nil that error occurring.
Or, the logSpawn function doesn't exist when URS is loaded, but I thought the original author of this release would check for that before load. (I didn't look)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline xPaco1337

« Reply #579 on: October 20, 2018, 09:09:05 AM »
Well how do I restrict adv dupe only for Trusted,VIP etc..I tried to go in !menu,URS then I have advdupe and when I select in groups Trusted for example I get this message in chat

"Command "ulx restrict", argument #1: invalid string"

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 01:22:20 PM by JamminR »

Offline DaisyEseyad

« Reply #580 on: October 07, 2019, 07:07:58 PM »
I am trying to get the maximum amount of props/vehicles/etc to show up on a hud so the players know what their limit is. I have done this with flying colors with Unolimited, but the server I am working on uses this more advanced URS addon. The problem is that I am finding this task to be impossible. I cannot find a working way to get these limits as the limits themself are server-side. I tried this xgui method as well but it's got a big issue.

Code: [Select]
if xgui.data.URSLimits.prop then
maxprops = xgui.data.URSLimits.prop[LocalPlayer():GetUserGroup()]||cvars.Number("sbox_maxprops",0)
else

The only time this actually works is when the client user has permission to EDIT the limits, something only ADMINS can do. I hope you can see the problem now. Maybe this has been fixed in a recent version, maybe it really is impossible, maybe i missed something. Can someone help steer me to the right direction? I just want the limit displayed on a hud so people can see.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #581 on: October 13, 2019, 07:02:40 PM »
There are multiple ways to send server data to a client, and many clients use that server data as a HUD.  Use any number of those ways. Ulib even has some created before Gmod created more robust.

Offline Jani [KOR]

« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2020, 10:10:36 PM »
Vehicles are not limited. What should I do?
Please tell me how