Poll

Was this module useful, and helpful?

Yes :)
59 (93.7%)
No :(
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Give Weapon Addon [1.08v]  (Read 44232 times)

Offline notownz

Re: Give Weapon Addon
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 04:07:34 AM »
This met be a noob question! :) Is there a command to give all player or group the same weapon and ammo, instead of doing it one by one? Also is there an way to add a drop down box with all the weapon list in give weapon?

Thanks
notownz
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:21:28 AM by notownz »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 07:10:52 PM »
This met be a noob question! :) Is there a command to give all player or group the same weapon and ammo, instead of doing it one by one? Also is there an way to add a drop down box with all the weapon list in give weapon?

Thanks
notownz

It's been a long time since I messed with this, so w/e the command is atm, I think it's !givegun or !giveweapon then do !givegun * GUN_NAME or !giveweapon * GUN_NAME. If that doesn't work, you can get back to me. There is a way to do the drop down menu, I just haven't had time to do it yet.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline notownz

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply. I will test it out.

Thank You
Notownz

Offline notownz

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »
The command works. Just a heads up for anyone looking for the commands to give weapon to everyone.

Give Command. "(*) represent everyone"
!give * weapon_rpg (you give everyone rpg)
!give notownz weapon_rpg (you give notownz rpg)

Default Weapons Name
weapon_frag, weapon_357, weapon_pistol, weapon_rpg, weapon_smg1, weapon_crowbar, weapon_shotgun, weapon_fists, weapon_crossbow, weapon_ar2.

You can also add other weapon but you need to know the weapon name, you can usually find it in the lua file.

Thanks
notownz

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 08:16:02 AM »
It's on my todo list, that I change the file and make a dropdown menu.... so yeah.

Offline notownz

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 01:02:11 PM »
Thanks a bunch can't wait to test it. Keep up the awesome job you are doing.

Thank You
notownz

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »
Updated All Plugins:
I updated all files/folder names to lowercase and underscores so that we won't have a problem with linux based server.

Special Thanks to Princess Twilight Sparkle

Offline RDGXTECHX

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
Do you have a way where you could have a "give all weapons" option in the pointshop?

For example, whatever is listed in the weapons section would be included in the list and you can select a player and give every weapon to them if they match a specific group. It would be in the admin section of the pointshop like the give weapon command and would allow the player to have the weapon permanently like the original give weapon command. This would make it easier for admins to give all weapons with one button instead of having to go through each weapon and giving it to the player.

If this is possible, can you have an option to reverse that command and remove all weapons from the player? I made a post like this on facepunch but no one commented on it  :-\

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »
Do you have a way where you could have a "give all weapons" option in the pointshop?

This addon is not compatible with pointshop as far as I know, unless you downloaded someone elses version of this, or in general downloaded someone else addon. This module is for ulx admin mod, and all it does it gives weapons to specific players where the giving user has permission to do so.

If this is possible, can you have an option to reverse that command and remove all weapons from the player? I made a post like this on facepunch but no one commented on it  :-\

If I remember correctly (and if I don't, chances are someone will correct me), there is a command called, !strip, or in console its called ulx strip, and it removes all weapons from specified players.

Offline RDGXTECHX

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 05:15:24 AM »
But do you know of someway to make something similar to work for the pointshop? This is a nice add-on for ulx but I was hoping there might be a pointshop option to give all weapons listed in the weapons section. Yes there is a !strip command but that only strips them of the weapons that they have equipped, not the weapons that they can re-equip in the pointshop.

I would like to have it so if someone wants a permanent weapon, it will let them keep the weapons and all they would have to do is equip them in the pointshop. This addon sounds like it just gives them the weapon temporarily and then the next round it's gone (I'm doing this for a TTT server, should have mentioned earlier ;D)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »
But do you know of someway to make something similar to work for the pointshop? This is a nice add-on for ulx but I was hoping there might be a pointshop option to give all weapons listed in the weapons section. Yes there is a !strip command but that only strips them of the weapons that they have equipped, not the weapons that they can re-equip in the pointshop.

I would like to have it so if someone wants a permanent weapon, it will let them keep the weapons and all they would have to do is equip them in the pointshop. This addon sounds like it just gives them the weapon temporarily and then the next round it's gone (I'm doing this for a TTT server, should have mentioned earlier ;D)

Yeah, majority of my addons are for sandbox (not strictly). I'm not really sure how Pointshop works, as it was a failure back in 2009, and completely dumb to be quite honest, but it sounds like it uses a database, it wouldn't be too hard to look at and create it myself for you if you want. Though, you need to tell me now, and I'll see what I can do for you. No guarantees though.

Offline RDGXTECHX

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »
I just got the database setup on my server now, and if you want to code it and you can post it for the public or you can test it and send it to me. Either way works, I don't want to give someone I just met access to my server so that's out ;)

You can add me on steam to ask anything http://steamcommunity.com/id/CHIEFDAC
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:08:27 PM by RDGXTECHX »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 11:09:46 PM »
I just got the database setup on my server now, and if you want to code it and you can post it for the public or you can test it and send it to me. Either way works, I don't want to give someone I just met access to my server so that's out ;)

You can add me on steam to ask anything http://steamcommunity.com/id/CHIEFDAC

I'm not talking about editing your database at all. What I said was I could make an addon that edits the database for you to remove all weapons from a certain player. Though I'd need your version of pointshop, and you can remove all the "private things", and I'll just look at what I need to look at.

Offline RDGXTECHX

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »
That's what I assumed but there might have been that chance where you needed access to server files and other things, but the pointshop I use should be in the attachments. There are items in the specified folders, the weapons are the defaults for Counter Strike Source and one weapon from M9K. There's nothing that would be information for the server either since this isn't the sql add-on to the pointshop so nothing to worry about there.

Any questions or concerns you can post here and I'll comment back. Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:02:33 PM by RDGXTECHX »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 05:42:41 PM »
That's what I assumed but there might have been that chance where you needed access to server files and other things, but the pointshop I use should be in the attachments. There are items in the specified folders, the weapons are the defaults for Counter Strike Source and one weapon from M9K. There's nothing that would be information for the server either since this isn't the sql add-on to the pointshop so nothing to worry about there.

Any questions or concerns you can post here and I'll comment back. Good luck!

I'm having an issue with this, it doesn't appear to save my weapons, as it strictly says "One Time Use, and I'll need to buy the weapon again". So I don't really understand exactly understand how your server stores these weapons for the players?