ULX

Poll

Was this module useful, and helpful?

Yes :)
274 (87.5%)
No :(
39 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Author Topic: Player Chat Tags [2.58v]  (Read 360934 times)

Offline addicTix

Re: Player Chat Tags 2.0
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »
Hello,

I have a problem. I'm using the newest version of ULX and Ulib.
And now I have downloaded this addon for chat tags like "superadmin | name" or something... But if I write in the chat and I press "enter" then it looks like this : "Unassigned | name"

What can I do ?
I've installed this addon in my addons folder -> garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\chat_tags

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
Hello,

And now I have downloaded this addon for chat tags like "superadmin | name" or something... But if I write in the chat and I press "enter" then it looks like this : "Unassigned | name"

What can I do ?
I've installed this addon in my addons folder -> garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\chat_tags

I'll have to update ulx through SVN, and check this out.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »
Hello,

What can I do ?

Nothing is wrong with it for me. Maybe you didn't set teams in the group tag?

Offline rainbow Dash

• Owner of Friendship is Gaming Servers
    • Friendship is Gaming
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 04:40:06 AM »
I have a suggestion to make this work for DarkRP and TTT.

As DarkRP uses player teams for, well, jobs (as far as I am aware) and TTT uses teams for, well, teams... whats stopping you from just going straight to where sandbox gets its teams from and... say... set the tag based on a players rank in ulx? Maybe add something like how DarkRP uses an entire LUA file for adding entries to a table so server owners can add a label for a particular rank, and just show nothing if the player being targeted has no rank/doesn't have a rank that matches up with the table?

Surely it can be that easy?
Uhm, whats a signature?

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 06:11:08 AM »

As DarkRP uses player teams for, well, jobs (as far as I am aware) and TTT uses teams for, well, teams... whats stopping you from just going straight to where sandbox gets its teams from and... say... set the tag based on a players rank in ulx? Maybe add something like how DarkRP uses an entire LUA file for adding entries to a table so server owners can add a label for a particular rank, and just show nothing if the player being targeted has no rank/doesn't have a rank that matches up with the table?

Eh.. all addons I make are supposed to be easy and automatic. It would not be automatic, or easy to have to add your own teams. I could do it though, but I look into it more.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 07:22:33 AM »

So wait what do you want me to do? You want me to make it so you can see the DarkRP teams, or the ulx teams when you're on DarkRP?

Offline nak0604

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 10:51:35 PM »
I installed this, and i get Unassigned in front of every message and i looked in all the addon files and i dont know how i could fix it, any help?

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
I installed this, and i get Unassigned in front of every message and i looked in all the addon files and i dont know how i could fix it, any help?

You most likely didn't set up the teams in XGUI groups.

Offline Miner717

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »
Do you think you could maybe make a release that rather than showing your DarkRP job, shows your ULX rank please? If not could you post the code to make this possible, as it would come in very handy for my server.

P.s. great work on this ULX addon, other than what is requested above, it works great!

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 03:07:08 AM »
Do you think you could maybe make a release that rather than showing your DarkRP job, shows your ULX rank please? If not could you post the code to make this possible, as it would come in very handy for my server.

P.s. great work on this ULX addon, other than what is requested above, it works great!

I've been asked before to do this. The automatic tags would not be automatic, they would require to be manually set

Offline xChief

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »
Is there a way to get it to say "Admin" or "owner" instead of your job's name?also you cnat tell when someome is doing /ooc /y /advert ect.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 09:47:07 AM »
Chief, the two posts before yours ask and answer your same question.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Player Chat Tags 2.5
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
NEW VERSION: 2.5

Now for all those who want to run a chat tag system for DarkRP, or TTT, I have a new version that will suit your 'needs'. Though, like I said you will manually have to set it and it will not be automatic like the other version I have. It's not hard work at all to set it, though if you don't understand how to set your chat tag, I would STRONGLY suggest to read the instructions that are on the main thread which can be found here as well as the download link for it -> http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6196.0.html

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 07:24:14 PM »
Chaos, not sure if you want to 'require' ULib with your code or not, but, if you don't mind the requirement, you could use GetUserGroup to do the auto tag group name. (getusergroup would return the 'highest' group from inheritance tree)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »
Chaos, not sure if you want to 'require' ULib with your code or not, but, if you don't mind the requirement, you could use GetUserGroup to do the auto tag group name. (getusergroup would return the 'highest' group from inheritance tree)

Honestly, I'm really bad navigating with the ulx documents part of the website. Also, yes I want to require ULX for this, because I am posting the the ulx forum and because what other admin mods are even out there anymore?

Thanks for this. Maybe I can even make this better so, is there a way to get the uteam color?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:19:25 PM by chaos13125 »