Author Topic: banned_user.cfg  (Read 2243 times)

Offline PAL-18

banned_user.cfg
« on: May 07, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »
How does Ulib's ban system work?  I see that it writes the ids to data\ulub\bans.txt and cfg\banned_user.txt

If i add users to banned_user.txt does ulib automatically copy them to bans.txt too?

I ask this because i have 2 servers with their own ban lists and i want to sync the ban lists with the other server via a cronjob that merges the ban lists.  I would use a mysql ban solution if i could, but i cant get it working (ive tried lots of ban systems and the same thing happens everytime and its related to gmsv_mysqloo_linux and not the mysql server).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:31:50 PM by PAL-18 »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: banned_user.cfg
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 05:36:57 PM »
I am almost 100% sure that ULX does not grab bans from the standard text files while the server is running. The game caches those files into memory when the server/map starts and even new bans using banid/banip are not saved to those files until the write command is issued.

There really is no easy way to manage cross-server bans except using some kind of SQL interface.

Why can't you get the SQL addon working?

Offline PAL-18

Re: banned_user.cfg
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »
No idea why, i can connect to a database, i can read data but i cant write data.  Ive tested this on 2 different databases on different servers and on 3 global ban solutions (sourcebans integration, ulx bans, ulx global bans).

I even asked for help with my issue on the gmod mysql facepunch thread and no one had an answer of why it doesnt work for me.

I'll admit that the issue does sound like a permissions issue (permissions after this paragraph).  Oddly the TF2 server i had running on the same machine had no problems connecting to the bans database (sourcemod + sourcebans)  and the sourcebans user had the exact same permissions as the new user has for the new ban database.

CREATE
CREATE ROUTINE
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES

DELETE
DROP

INDEX
INSERT
LOCK TABLES
REFERENCES
SELECT

UPDATE
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:48:30 PM by PAL-18 »