ULX

Author Topic: Re: Trouble in Terrorist Town Commands for ULX  (Read 91745 times)

Offline skillz

Re: Trouble in Terrorist Town Commands for ULX
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 11:48:23 AM »
I'm thinking of splitting up the commands into
  • TTT Admin
  • TTT Fun
  • TTT Utility
i've not spoken to bender about this so i need to speak to him but utility would be commands such as setting the minimum players needed for a game to begin and toggling the prevention of winning. Good for testing. Please leave suggestions for any commands that you would like to see included weather it be admin, fun or utility commands.

I'm working on the force command at the moment as i've realised that it wasn't giving any default items or weapons when it forced roles, i've fixed that but i still have to remove all bought weapons if any, after that ill be fixing up some other commands and updating.

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »
im cool with that also once i finish the work im doing i will be back creating commands i have a few i have started...
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.

Offline skillz

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
Hey guys i just thought that i would give you an update, things are moving along nicely and i've made a significant amount of progress on the commands, i've removed a lot of the errors and such but there is still testing that i need to do and there are a few more commands that i wish to include. Unfortunately bender has been occupied so i've had to do just about all the work since the last release but i'm hoping he will be free soon. I hope you will be as impressed with the new release as i feel proud. The new release should be out by the end of next week the latest :)

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »
updated the op with a few things a couple new d/l urls and a preview at the update skillz has worked hard on while i attempt to pass my last year of high school :P
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
Love the commands. Although (as someone else requested in a different forum), could you add so you can force someone innocent next round? I know you can use "ulx force" on someone after the round has started, but it would be useful to add innocent to the "force next round" command.
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline terrortownteam

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
we have released an update see op for details.

Offline jdcoolha

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 11:08:05 PM »
Can you make is so slaynr means they can't be selected as traitor/detective that round as well?  I don't want the respective team to have a possible disadvantage because of said players actions.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 08:16:29 AM »
Can you make is so slaynr means they can't be selected as traitor/detective that round as well?  I don't want the respective team to have a possible disadvantage because of said players actions.

If they would implement this idea, it should be it's own command.

As an admin on a TTT server myself, I slay people the round after they've RDM'ed. Preventing them from losing their T/D round makes the slay pretty pointless. If they get slain on their detective/traitor round, they will realize that they did a stupid thing, and hopefully not do it anymore.

So please don't change it so that it forces the person to become innocent if you use "ulx slaynr".
If they also looked at my suggestion, they would add "innocent" parameter to the "forcenr", so that you can force someone next round to become innocent, if you stack that with ulx slaynr, you got the command you wanted, jdcoolha.
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »

Project Update:
Message From Skillz: Unforunately my interest in ttt has died down for the moment but I will most probably update these again when I have found my love for ttt again.

Message From Bender180: Due to changes in my life im unable to work on these commands between my 54 hour work weeks and some issues within my family I just dont have the time. Maybe once stuff settles down i will return to these but right now i am unable to.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »
Sorry to hear that interest is waning, but I understand that priorities need to shift over time.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline jdcoolha

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
Apologies, didn't see this before just now bender.  Good luck.

If they would implement this idea, it should be it's own command.

As an admin on a TTT server myself, I slay people the round after they've RDM'ed. Preventing them from losing their T/D round makes the slay pretty pointless. If they get slain on their detective/traitor round, they will realize that they did a stupid thing, and hopefully not do it anymore.

So please don't change it so that it forces the person to become innocent if you use "ulx slaynr".
If they also looked at my suggestion, they would add "innocent" parameter to the "forcenr", so that you can force someone next round to become innocent, if you stack that with ulx slaynr, you got the command you wanted, jdcoolha.
My problem is that while yes, they would realize they did something stupid, their team would be needlessly punished because the randomly chosen guy happened to be their teammate and now they are down a valuable resource.  But, as you said, if that forcenr is implemented, that would be cool too.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 04:09:46 PM »
We're pretty open as developers here...if anyone else wants to pick up and add some commands within the tools, I'm reasonably sure bender180 and skillz would adjust to, and perhaps even appreciate, the pickup of the gauntlet.
(They themselves had a rocky start individually, and became amazing together as a team :) )
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »
im alright if someone wants to continue them (i cant speak for skillz) but all i ask is that if i decide to come back to them they respect that and allow me to continue them (probably with them).

Offline skillz

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »
People are more than welcome to contribute but I would still like to work with anyone who decides to work on these commands. My motivation in coding normally comes from real world application, its a lot more fun to code something thats needed and you can see work, which is what drew my interest in the commands, but thats fading slightly. My own server can also be quite annoying, nagging and then whining and when I eventually work on something they nag and whine more when they find out, which isn't the nicest motivator in the world.

But as I say, I will probably find motivation again at some point, i'm beginning computing in september as a part of one of the courses i'm taking in school and it wouldn't surprise me if I gave these commands a look over.

Bottom line is I may or may not come back to these but I would like to think that I will, I will happily allow anyone to add their input into the commands as long as they keep the commands working as they are needed.

Offline Runnix

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »
AWESOME , WORKS PERFECTLY ! :D If it dont work , copy the Trouble in Terrorist Town ULX Commands V2 instead