Author Topic: ULX ''Ban'' in Red Letters - Breaking Plugins  (Read 1859 times)

Offline markmathisonMN

ULX ''Ban'' in Red Letters - Breaking Plugins
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:39 AM »
When I look at the superadmin section with my name and I start to adjust perms for it, I see ''ulx ban'' in red letters. What does this mean? Also, when I try to change the group names, it tells me that it is not a good idea and it might break plugins. Could I proceed, or is there an extra step that I need to take care of first? Thanks! - Mark

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
Re: ULX ''Ban'' in Red Letters - Breaking Plugins
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »
When I look at the superadmin section with my name and I start to adjust perms for it, I see ''ulx ban'' in red letters. What does this mean? Also, when I try to change the group names, it tells me that it is not a good idea and it might break plugins. Could I proceed, or is there an extra step that I need to take care of first? Thanks! - Mark

For your first question...

Usually when some thing is highlighted in red letters it means that you have allowed the group to use the command how ever you have added restrictions for example you have allowed a person to ban people but you only let them do a ban that lasts up to 5 minutes. (So it is just an indicator nothing to worry about.)

For your second question...

I would assume that you are trying to rename the superadmin group allot of plugins run checks on IsSuperAdmin to check if you are in that group or inherit from it, renaming it may cause some unforeseen consequences. You can how ever set a sort of nick name for the group by using the UTeam settings. (Ill add a screen shot to help you find those settings, later in the day.)
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline markmathisonMN

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »
For your first question...

Usually when some thing is highlighted in red letters it means that you have allowed the group to use the command how ever you have added restrictions for example you have allowed a person to ban people but you only let them do a ban that lasts up to 5 minutes. (So it is just an indicator nothing to worry about.)

For your second question...

I would assume that you are trying to rename the superadmin group allot of plugins run checks on IsSuperAdmin to check if you are in that group or inherit from it, renaming it may cause some unforeseen consequences. You can how ever set a sort of nick name for the group by using the UTeam settings. (Ill add a screen shot to help you find those settings, later in the day.)

So I am trying to make group tags to distinguish players. ([Admin] markmathisonMN Honestly, I am confused. You said I can still use UTeam, but others have told me that I can just use XGUI to have tags for my server people. I only want tags for the special users: operators, admins, and superadmins: not users. Thanks!

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »
So I am trying to make group tags to distinguish players. ([Admin] markmathisonMN Honestly, I am confused. You said I can still use UTeam, but others have told me that I can just use XGUI to have tags for my server people. I only want tags for the special users: operators, admins, and superadmins: not users. Thanks!

There is a plugin that allows you to have chat tags for ULX. http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6196.msg29250.html#msg29250

But it would really help me if you provided some screenshots. Once I see what the exact problem is I will make a short walk-through on how you will be able to fix it.
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.