Author Topic: Restrict NoClip?  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Agentmass

Restrict NoClip?
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:40:26 PM »
Does anyone know of a way to restrict NoClip to certain players? I was thinking maybe URS would be able to do it, but I guess not. I know you could do !noclip, but I want to specifically restrict sv_noclip to certain ranks.

Is this at all possible with ULX, URS or any other non-ULX or ULX addon?

Thanks.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: Restrict NoClip?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »
If you're in sandbox, can't you just restrict the normal noclip through the ULX settings, then allow "ulx noclip" to be used by the people you want to be able to use noclip instead?

(If you're not in SandBox, I'm not sure if that will work).
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Agentmass

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 12:14:41 AM »
I am on sandbox, but if I do the ulx noclip I will have to have everyone bind the button. Also, I'm not sure if ulx noclip is compatible with UClip.

Basically, I have a minge rank on my server. I want everyone but the minge rank to be able to NoClip like normal. I don't know how to achieve this.

Maybe there is a way for the server to make a bind for the client? Like can the server say bind v ulx noclip and force that onto the client? And then restrict the command to the Minge rank? Could this work?

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »
In theory it would work, but I don't think it's possible.

I don't have any other solution as of right now, sorry. Maybe someone else can help?
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Agentmass

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »
I guess this can't be done. D:

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 01:46:14 PM »
This would be a simple script to write, but ULX does not work quite the way you want it to in this case because it's a bit too invasive to do it like that.

My recommendation: Ask everyone to rebind. I don't think you can client execute (cexec) binds as garry has it blocked. You say you don't want mingebags to use noclip: well, figuring out how to change the bind should be part of the minge-test. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Agentmass

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
Yeah, good point.

Problem is, I have new friends that join the server who can't even access console because they have some foreign keyboard that for some reason can't even open console and it's too much hassle trying to figure out what the problem is.

Ohh well, I guess I will just live without it.