Author Topic: Neat Idea  (Read 2576 times)

EscudoDenali

Neat Idea
« on: January 06, 2007, 02:15:25 AM »
I have an idea that is sorta like the commands in ULX 3.0:

A posess command, like !posess <target>, which allows you to actually take control of them, seeing through their first person view and being able to control stuff like their props and things like that, while their controls are disabled while being posessed, so all they can do is watch from first person.  Also, whatever the "posesser" does, it will appear as if the posessed is doing it.  This would come in very handy, like if you were trying to show someone how to do something, you could just pop inside their body, show them how to do it, then pop right out, and they would know how to perform the action after viewing it in first person.  Also, if someone is being stubborn, and does not do what an admin tells them to do, the admin could posess the person and do it for them.  Obviously, this would be a very bad tool if used incorrectly, but a very useful tool nonetheless.  I can imagine, however, this might be impossible or nearly impossible to do, but i just thought I'd let you know, because if it is possible, THAT WOULD BE SO COOL! :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Neat Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:35:29 AM »
Good Idea, I personally like it.
With our cexec plugin code, I would think it would be possible.

To prevent admin abuse, have the player being possessed be prompted first.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 02:55:19 AM »
Maybe spbogie would have some ideas, but I don't think this would be possible if the view is first-person. However, if the view is third-person, should be very possible.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Mank

• Ulysses Mod!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 12:54:52 PM »
For ethical reasons I don't think this'd be a good idea, considering the majority of hosts use ULX (good thing) if you give them a command like that, they'll abuse it almost certainly.
If you doubt your powers you bring powers to your doubts.

Offline Avien

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »
That is why you do what JamminR said, make them accept the possession.