Author Topic: Prop limits (Ulx overriding server.cfg)  (Read 5766 times)

Offline clutch

Prop limits (Ulx overriding server.cfg)
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »
No matter what I set in my server.cfg the server starts with its own set sbox values for props, light limits and etc.. I deleted both ulx and ulib and it seemed to fix the problem. I have looked and cant find where the server is even picking up a number to use. I looked in data and in addons for any files and no luck. Am I missing something is there a place where I can change prop limits for ulx?

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: Prop limits (Ulx overriding server.cfg)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »
If you open the ULX menu, there should be some limits in the "Settings" tab on the XGUI.
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
Yet, to my knowledge, we've always used those set before ULX loads (whether by server.cfg or another autoexec cfg file).
Meggiddo and Stickly can correct me, but, what you describe shouldn't be caused by ULX (especially if you removed it like you stated you did)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »
JamminR's right that we don't save the limits set from ULX. You can add limits to the ULX config files manually, though. Perhaps this is what you did?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline clutch

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »
I have not edited anything about ULX, besides a global banning system that writes to a web database but I feel the most simple thing to do is to make the server on start up to have ulx set the prop limits so ulx bypasses ever reading what the server.cfg is concerned about when it comes to sbox values. How would I go about doing this?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
so ulx bypasses ever reading what the server.cfg is concerned about when it comes to sbox values. How would I go about doing this?
You shouldn't.
server.cfg is a Source 'master file'.. Garry throws in some extra game parameter possibilities of course.
ULX doesn't read what server.cfg has.
Gmod server reads it starting up and sets it in memory before the Lua engine ever starts.
ULX then reads what those variables are set to and sets accordingly.

Though you can use ulx txt configuration files to set your sbox_ settings, ULX won't re-write to them when you change them in ULX.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline clutch

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
Well im thinking of having ulx automatically set the values like if a player did it using the sliders every time the server starts. Because thats the only fix I can see now because its happening with all 4 of my servers. I tested quite a bit of possibilities on my dev server and only way to fix this problem is to remove ulx/ulib once I do so I can change the values in the server.cfg and restart the server and they are changed and all works fine. So it has to be something related to ulx/ulb.