Author Topic: CheckPassword hook for reserve slots  (Read 8844 times)

Offline Storm

Re: CheckPassword hook for reserve slots
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:02 AM »
Has anyone got this to work?

Offline Eccid

• Hey, come on... We just met...
    • Terror Abound! Steam Group
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »
It says in the opening post that it works. Been working fine for me.

Offline Storm

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 06:33:13 AM »
I am still getting minute and a half hang up times. Should this revised slots.lua eliminate all hang up or just shorten it?

Offline Eccid

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
I am still getting minute and a half hang up times. Should this revised slots.lua eliminate all hang up or just shorten it?
I don't know what you mean by hang up times, but looking at your past post you said you're using mode 1. This addon is really only used for mode 2, or at least, that's what I made it work for. I didn't change how anything else works, howver, but you issue may be resolved by just replacing this with the default module from ulx.

Offline Storm

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 02:18:30 PM »
Sry but by default module do you mean the original slots.lua? That is the module i am trying to fix. When I try to join one of my servers, I have to wait up to 4 minutes for a player to load in and THEN get kicked. I just want it to kick him when he first tries to join. So I need to use mode 2 for this to work?

Offline Eccid

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »
Yeah, I meant the original slots.lua. If you want your server to work with what I wrote, you need to use mode 2. You can feel free to modify it to work with different modes, I just prefer mode 2, so that's what I made it for.

Offline Storm

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
Ok thanks! I will use mode 2 also so that this will work. In your lua, you have that at mode 0 so I just need to change that to 2 right?

Offline Eccid

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »
Ok thanks! I will use mode 2 also so that this will work. In your lua, you have that at mode 0 so I just need to change that to 2 right?

You don't have to change anything in my script to make it work for mode 2, you only need to change your settings.

Offline Storm

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 04:35:14 AM »
I'm afraid this still doesn't work for me. I replaced the original slots lua with this one and changed nothing with it. I put my mode at 2 in ulx on my servers. That's all I did. Still, players load for up to 4 minutes before they are kicked and admins have to sit and wait to use the reserved slot.

Offline Eccid

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »
I'm afraid this still doesn't work for me. I replaced the original slots lua with this one and changed nothing with it. I put my mode at 2 in ulx on my servers. That's all I did. Still, players load for up to 4 minutes before they are kicked and admins have to sit and wait to use the reserved slot.

Not sure what to tell you then, it's been working just fine for me. Just make sure the files are in the right place and that you restart your server after you've added it.

Offline Storm

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 06:09:01 AM »
Just to make sure. I simply replace the original slot.lua with this one right? You say make sure the files are in the right place but this is the only file, right?

Offline Eccid

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 09:42:47 AM »
Just to make sure. I simply replace the original slot.lua with this one right? You say make sure the files are in the right place but this is the only file, right?

Correct