ULX

Author Topic: Baniing Steamid bypasses can target  (Read 1668 times)

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
Baniing Steamid bypasses can target
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:39:44 PM »
I noticed today that if you ban someone using their steamid it will bypass the can target system so an admin can ban a superadmin using the supers steamid where as with non steamid bans it says Command "ulx ban" , argument #1: you cannot target this person or these persons. just thought i would point this out.
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Baniing Steamid bypasses can target
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »
Yes, we are aware of this. Stickly man and I were discussing maybe introducing a new command parameter than can be more context sensitive, but it's low on the priorities.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »
We had a previous discussion regarding a 'id' command, specifically one regarding adduserid; from what I can remember, we basically suggested that you shouldn't give adduser (or or adduserid) access to those who really shouldn't have it.

Though, ban is a different 'story' all together, I could see adding a check to make sure the id being banned isn't part of the can_target group chain.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »
yea this isnt a case of untrusted admins i was goofing around with one of my supers and banned him and he asked one of the admins to unban his id then as soon as he joined the admin rebanned him saying "bender said so" with his id thats how i noticed this and i was just curious on if you guys knew.
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.