Author Topic: Admin Hiding  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Epsilon

Admin Hiding
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:32:39 AM »
What I'd want to see is a way to "cloak" an admin's presence on the server. That is to say, it either makes them look like they belong to a different group while actually belonging to an admin group or it makes them not appear on the scoreboard at all. Obviously, this system would be handy for catching minges who think they can break the rules because there are no admins around. While this can be achieved to an extent by creating a separate group, I find such measures to be a little crude and not always reliable.

Thoughts?

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: Admin Hiding
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »
Scoreboard showing is not even handled by ULX, it's handled by the gamemode (I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure). I know in TTT, there's a convar for disabling that (ttt_highlight_admins 0, add that to your server.cfg, and you're good to go). Although, that depends on the gamemode your server is running.
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Admin Hiding
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 06:51:53 AM »
Decicus is right. The scoreboard and ULX are not related at all. There is no '1 stop shop' answer to this problem. What would work in sandbox wouldn't work in DarkRP or TTT.

The idea you had to create another group that had the same accesses of Admins except was named the same and looked the same as a regular user is really the only viable way to do this and have it work in pretty much any gamemode that doesn't specifically 'highlight' admins like in TTT.