ULX

Author Topic: Setting "Team" Names  (Read 2395 times)

Offline sharoku

Setting "Team" Names
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:58:06 PM »
Alright, so I'm pretty new at setting up Gmod dedicated servers, but so far everything is working quite smoothly  ;D. I just installed ULX today and it's pretty sweet if I do say so my self, my question is: How do I set up different "teams", or would it be groups, for users that join my server. What I mean is when I press tab in game I see a list of the users playing, but everyone is under the group "unasigned". How would I change this so that if I joined the server I would be under "Admin" or something and other users would be under "Users" or something like that  ???. Is it a config file within ULX or a garrysmod file and if so what would be the syntax to do this. Thanks for the help.  :D

Offline sharoku

Re: Setting "Team" Names
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:02:09 PM »
Oh also, when I do the ulx adduser command, what does immunity do?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 11:43:02 PM »
Hi sharoku. Welcome to server administration, Ulysses forums, ULX, and all other tools/toys we have available here.
We wish you success (however you may define it) as a server admin.

ULX doesn't have any included team assignment functions, however, another Ulysses team member spbogie has just released a wonderful script called Uteam. It can be obtained in our Releases forum. You can always check that forum for any releases we or our forum members make around here.

Immunity prevents other admins from performing actions on the person with it. That is, someone with immunity wouldn't be able to be slapped, gimped, ragdolled, and the list goes on and on by another admin.
Though this can be a good thing, 'admin' wars can be fun sometimes. Just see the first few posts at the Admin Wars thread Megiddo our leader started. (I say first few, because it pretty much goes off topic after about 4) :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:47:50 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 12:54:57 AM »
An important thing to note with immunity is that superadmins override all other admins' immunity. IE, if I was a superadmin and wanted to slap another superadmin with immunity, I could do it. If I were just an admin, I wouldn't be able to do this.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.