ULX

Author Topic: Ulx Hacking on Server  (Read 22810 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ulx Hacking on Server
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 06:16:40 AM »
Syntax error in my code.
Remove the { after the function set up.
I've edited my original post.
Still not guaranteed.

Edit - I also originally stated this would need to be in the server side lua run.
Now that I think about it, if the exploiter is running server side lua, then it would also need to be run on clients. So, both server and client.
Once the exploiter realized they couldn't have console spit out the convar, they could have whoever the host is do it.
-Host is on server. Uses Rcon_password to send commands
-Exploiter joins, tries to get rcon from server. (If my code worked), gets 'anti-hack' string.
-Exploiter realizes host might have convar set on game client.
- Exploiter runs server side code to force host client to say rcon_password.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:28:48 AM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
Re: Ulx Hacking on Server
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
I did some searching and found this... http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93934
===

I think the most secure method is to have no rcon password and instead just use things that are provided by your server administrator. (Most servers come with an in web console already.)

Also if your lucky you may even be able to use SSH to get to your server console without using rcon.

I really wish people would stop all this malicious hacking and do some thing constructive rather then destructive...
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.