Author Topic: No template for users.txt?  (Read 2899 times)

DeadGeneral

No template for users.txt?
« on: January 14, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »
Hi...I just installed ULX for my Gmod 10 Dedicated server. I was just about to add myself as an admin in the user file when I realize it doesn't even come with a template. My user file came completely and totally blank. What's up with that?

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
Re: No template for users.txt?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:12:21 PM »
users.txt is supposed to be blank when you get it. See format.txt for the template, however if you're adding users in ULXv3 for the first time I suggest you use the "ulx adduser" command from your dedicated server console. Enter the command withough any arguments for more help.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

DeadGeneral

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »
Ok, is it the same format as in past versions? the abcdefghijk... flags for access?

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
No, it is nothing like the old format. Use "ulx adduser" to add yourself, then go ahead and look back at the users.txt file. You should be able to figure it out from there.

If you need more help feel free to come back and ask.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

DeadGeneral

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:55:13 PM »
Thanks, I got it working...

One more thing. How can I set up reserved slots?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 11:40:26 PM »
Reserved slots aren't included in ULX 3
Plans aren't concrete, but it might be included in a future release.

I've been using +sv_visiiblemaxplayers as a kind of work around.
If you can normally host, say, 10 people (if you can, I'm jealous of your upstream), you would set maxplayers to 10, sv_visiblemaxplayers to (10 minus the slots you want 'reserved')
Once the visiblemaxplayers number has been reached, no one else can join through the main server list.
They can however connect through console "connect yourservername.com" or "connect your_ip". If you shared that with your only your admins, they can join.
When I run a server, its a dedicated on my local lan, so I usually set visiblemaxplayers one higher, because when I play on my server, I don't take up the external bandwidth.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming