ULX

Author Topic: Door Respawn Script  (Read 9886 times)

Offline Zombine

Door Respawn Script
« on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:59 AM »
Hello!

I noticed while playing on my usual DarkRP server, I've had many instances where it is necessary to respawn the doors or other props, but there is no command or script I have found to do this.

Does anyone know of a script anywhere that could, on a timer of say two to five minutes, check for missing world props and then respawn them?
(doors are the main concern, as an admin may physgun it out of place by accident and we cannot move it back exactly how it was)

As well, a manual force-respawn command for it would be ideal. Something like !forcecheck which would then forcefully replace any missing or out of place items on the map. It would be as if you had just started the map, except player props and the likes would still remain.

Please and thank you,

- Zombine

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Door Respawn Script
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
Have you tried UPS? It would probably prevent people from removing the doors in the first place.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Zombine

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »
Well it's not so much that people are removing them, it's that sometimes an admin might move it out of place by accident. Again, somewhat avoidable but it's a necessary power at some points. Another aspect was that we have the Mad Cow's Weapons door charges, and they completely remove the door from the map and it doesn't respawn. There is no check in the pack to make sure the door respawns.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 06:56:10 AM »
I see. I don't know of any script that takes into account all the things you need.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 07:12:14 AM »
And further, since this is the suggestion forum, I don't ever see us writing it into ULX directly.
We attempt to remain gamemode agnostic. Even that being said, we're pretty heavily aimed at Sandbox.

Suggestions such as yours would best be handled by the gamemode author, as it would seem a requirement to protect entities critical to the gamemode should be written into the gamemode itself.

Perhaps another could make a release, if the gamemode author(s) weren't interested.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Zombine

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:38:07 AM »
I see your point, JamminR, however I have seen a few packages in the releases section that have DarkRP/TTT oriented commands.

But nonetheless, I'm sure there might be someone out there who could do it, I'm just not sure where to find them...

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »
Yep, hence my 'perhaps another could make a release' statement .. majority of those TTT and DarkRP commands in our releases section were released by community members, not actually Team Ulysses devs.
Many gmod lua devs in general hang out here, and will hopefully come across your request.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Zombine

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 03:14:10 PM »
I suppose this might be in the wrong section. I thought suggestions meant suggestions for new commands and the likes and that releases was for devs to actually release what they've made, not for people to request things.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 07:49:10 PM »
It works here. :)
I just wanted to make clear that it's likely not going to be added to ULX directly by Team Ulysses.
Many come here and make suggestions aimed directly at ULib/ULX, since, well, originally, I think that is why we made this section.
General  'someone should make a game mode command compatible with ULX' ideas like yours have become popular too, and some actually spawned dev and release code.

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
I guess you could do a quick scan of the map after all entities have spawned and save the doors and all attached entities, and then just recreate them upon running a command. How ever I believe that all extra variables added to those doors may be lost such as the doors owner if you are on DarkRP. 
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline Zombine

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »
Door ownership could be easily fixed, my main concern is just having the door back in the first place.