Poll

Was this module useful, and helpful?

Yes it was :)
114 (95.8%)
No it was not :(
5 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Autopromote XGUI Version [4.09v]  (Read 84940 times)

Offline Ephox

Re: Autopromote XGUI Version [4.08v]
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 01:53:47 PM »
So i added this addon to my server, i can get the settings up but whenever i try to change the number on one of the groups from -1 to 1 or something else it just reverts back to -1

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 03:57:47 PM »
So i added this addon to my server, i can get the settings up but whenever i try to change the number on one of the groups from -1 to 1 or something else it just reverts back to -1

Any errors on server console or your console?
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Luk | twitch.tv/doctorluk

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2015, 12:47:22 PM »
Hey Bite That Apple, I'm reporting a bug with a player here.

The player is named
Code: [Select]
Eustass "Captain" Kidand the ' " ' is breaking the plugin. The plugin prints the following upon trying to promote this player and ends up permanently promoting him every 10 seconds:

Command "ulx adduser", argument #1: No target found or target has immunity!
Host of Spielwiese der Erwachsenen, a German TTT Server for adults only.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »
My suggestion would be to change it to steamid or just bypass ulx entirely as MrPresident suggested.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 11:32:52 PM »
My suggestion would be to change it to steamid or just bypass ulx entirely as MrPresident suggested.

Done

- - -

Hey Bite That Apple, I'm reporting a bug with a player here.

The player is named
Eustass "Captain" Kidand the ' " ' is breaking the plugin. The plugin prints the following upon trying to promote this player and ends up permanently promoting him every 10 seconds:

Command "ulx adduser", argument #1: No target found or target has immunity!

Fixed is newest version.

Offline Tomzen

• A new lua adventurer
    • Thirdage Gaming
Finished:
Impersonate
<==> FakePromote/Demote <==> RandomMap <==> ForceMic <==> Search <==> PlayMenu <==
WIP:
ServerMode <==

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Autopromote XGUI Version [4.09v]
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5312.0.html ??

As said in the original post, this addon was originally made by Lead4u, I know him, and he's been one of my friends on steam for quite a number of years now. He originally made the addon for my server, but then told him he can release it to the public. He released it with the help of Stickyman (which at the time, wasn't even a real big part of ulx), but his script became outdated, and stopped working, so I uploaded the repaired version of it, and yeah.

Offline Belly136

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 07:05:14 AM »
Well, after i updated my server today  i got
ULib queue error: addons/apromote/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_apromote.lua:119: Tried to use a NULL entity! server side.

Garry ruined everything again  :'(

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 11:13:27 PM »
Well, after i updated my server today  i got
ULib queue error: addons/apromote/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_apromote.lua:119: Tried to use a NULL entity! server side.

Garry ruined everything again  :'(

I'll checfk it out, but I want to hope that you're wrong.

Offline Belly136

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2015, 10:31:54 PM »
Can you increase time before players are promoted a bit on spawn? I'm using MySQL for usergroups and it has over 100 players so it takes time to load. Users from donator group sometimes get promoted to their old rank then i have to manually add them back again.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2015, 01:53:15 PM »
Can you increase time before players are promoted a bit on spawn? I'm using MySQL for usergroups and it has over 100 players so it takes time to load. Users from donator group sometimes get promoted to their old rank then i have to manually add them back again.

Someone with more knowledge most on this subject will most likely will correct me. Anyways.

According to what I just read on your post, it doesn't really make much sense. If you're using SQL, then time isn't really such a problem, if you are actually using MySQL, time really still isn't a problem. That's the magic on how an SQL server works, time isn't really a problem in a factor.

As for speeding it up, it's just a timer every 10 seconds. What your real problem would be is well, actually I have really no clue, maybe utime being delayed or something. Because I'm not sure how or why your donator group is getting affected. It sounds like something else to me, because your donate group should be at -1, which means it gets ignored..

So really, I have no clue how to fix your issue.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:59:39 PM by Bite That Apple »

Offline Tomzen

• A new lua adventurer
    • Thirdage Gaming
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »
Someone with more knowledge most on this subject will most likely will correct me. Anyways.

According to what I just read on your post, it doesn't really make much sense. If you're using SQL, then time isn't really such a problem, if you are actually using MySQL, time really still isn't a problem. That's the magic on how an SQL server works, time isn't really a problem in a factor.

As for speeding it up, it's just a timer every 10 seconds. What your real problem would be is well, actually I have really no clue, maybe utime being delayed or something. Because I'm not sure how or why your donator group is getting affected. It sounds like something else to me, because your donate group should be at -1, which means it gets ignored..

So really, I have no clue how to fix your issue.

I'm guessing he means his "donators" that have donated and put into the donator rank, get moved into a specific group when they hit the time, example: I donate on your server at 10 hours, then 2 hours later (at 12 hours) I get moved to the regular rank, then I have to get the owner/staff to move me back to donator as well as prove that I did donate.

I'm assuming this could be fixed by adding ply:IsUserGroup( "donator" ) ... or perhaps you know a better way then my basic lua.
Finished:
Impersonate
<==> FakePromote/Demote <==> RandomMap <==> ForceMic <==> Search <==> PlayMenu <==
WIP:
ServerMode <==

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »
I'm guessing he means his "donators" that have donated and put into the donator rank, get moved into a specific group when they hit the time, example: I donate on your server at 10 hours, then 2 hours later (at 12 hours) I get moved to the regular rank, then I have to get the owner/staff to move me back to donator as well as prove that I did donate.

I'm assuming this could be fixed by adding ply:IsUserGroup( "donator" ) ... or perhaps you know a better way then my basic lua.

Well I understood that for the most part, but his group donator should be set to -1, and it will be ignored if the players in that group. Meaning he SHOULDN'T be put to any group, this is of course the user's problem if ULX is not responding fast enough. As he mentioned, he's using a database version of ulx (which to my knowledge does not exist), so it would be the delay to fetch the users group is the problem, and with that I can not fix.

Offline Belly136

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 09:31:26 AM »
My donator group is set to -1. It takes a lot of time to load usergroups because there's tons of users. So when a player from usergroup donator joins he's actually in a user usergroup for first few seconds. Long enough for apromote to add him to another group.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 07:28:43 PM »
My donator group is set to -1. It takes a lot of time to load usergroups because there's tons of users. So when a player from usergroup donator joins he's actually in a user usergroup for first few seconds. Long enough for apromote to add him to another group.

Yeah, I can't do anything about that. This is a problem with ULX, and has been discussed before in the past.