Author Topic: UMaps - change map at specified time  (Read 33518 times)

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
Re: UMaps - change map at specified time
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 06:16:41 PM »
It is already.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline cold12141

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 08:52:43 PM »
Oh? Any body on either of my servers are very capable of changing the timeleft, so I think you are mistaken...

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:11:33 PM »
You must have installed something wrong then, because the command is created admin only.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison

Offline cold12141

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
The users may not be able to see the auto complete command but I just reinstalled it yesturday and had a user test it and he could extend it.

Pugnacious

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »
Does this still work right?  I'm using it on my server, but i keep getting

Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'UMaps_timer'

in console.  Is that a known bug?

CasanovaFrankenstein

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 10:24:07 PM »
Does this still work right?  I'm using it on my server, but i keep getting

Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'UMaps_timer'

in console.  Is that a known bug?

I just installed it and the program works like a charm in fighting Reliable Snaphsot Overflows (RSO) in Gmod, but users are also complaining about the same Unhandled usermessage spam in the console.  I know that this has been dormant for a long time, but anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks

Offline AviZ

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 11:12:12 PM »
i run it and yours seems to not be working right, thats why that error comes up.

possible causes.

1. maps corrupted
2. map not on server but listed on umaps.txt

hmm thats about it really.

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »
Wow, I haven't looked at this in forever. I'm almost ashamed to say I wrote some of the stuff in there. If there is enough interest I may look at rewriting it properly.
The unhandled usermessage should only pop up as they are first connecting, if it is continuing after the client has loaded, then there is a problem loading the clientside script.

CasanovaFrankenstein

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »
Well I am using it for the map reset function and not to actually change maps (although I probably will at some point).  I just put the same map name down 3 times--wasn't sure if it would work without at least one other map.

I think that if you publicized this making sure to say that it reduces RSO by 80% (more or less depending on the time between re-sets), and made it more up to date, it would become very popular.  If you look on Facepunch, you will see that there are hundreds of posts dealing with RSO, and it looks like Garry probably won't be able to fix it.

You could be one of the greatest heroes of all time!

Offline Sc00by22

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »
How about, If say 5 people try and connect and they get the RSO the map can auto restart on a countdown timer of say 1 minute(changeable) this would help me out a lot!

CasanovaFrankenstein

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »
How about, If say 5 people try and connect and they get the RSO the map can auto restart on a countdown timer of say 1 minute(changeable) this would help me out a lot!

That would also be awesome with some other options incuded.  I was looking into getting someone to write code for that a few months ago, but it never went very far.

As an update, I'd like to say that Tricky's Tutorials, Spacebuild Public and Factions have been running this with resets of 1 1/2 hr for  3 days now, and it is working really well against RSO.

People would probably like an option to move the warning to a corner, but they can hide anyway.

Offline AviZ

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »
i would like to see a vote extend for users to vote to extend the map when the warning pops up

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »
I think I might have a fix for your RSO.

my network.cfg
Code: [Select]
cl_cmdrate 1
cl_updaterate 1
rate 500
cl_interp 0.01

haven't had any RSO at all since I changed these from the default settings.
Hope it works for everyone else too.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Sc00by22

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 01:41:27 AM »
I'll try that

Offline MattDaPcWiz

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 01:33:49 AM »
Hey guys,

Had this mod working fine on my old server (I took a break for exams and started fresh)

Re-installed and now I get this message whenever I try to show the countdown (running "umaps_show")

___________________________________________________________________________________
Hook 'UMaps.Paint' Failed: includes/modules/draw.lua:92: attempt to index local 'colour' (a number value)
___________________________________________________________________________________

No idea what that means, can any of you tell me what it means and how I should go about fixing it?

Thanks,
Matthew

Love your work by the way :)