ULX

Author Topic: Another questions with the groups/ranks  (Read 1494 times)

Offline ojbristow

• Superclocked
Another questions with the groups/ranks
« on: January 16, 2014, 12:50:27 AM »
Hello again,

So from my other post about the targeting issues, I managed to get that sorted and working :) but I may have broke something in the process :/

I had all the groups/ranks set up properly with the inheritance and targeting properly.  My question is that the default groups: user, operator, admin and superadmin.  I deleted the operator and admin as I thought they was the cause for the targeting (NOTE: they was not being inherited from any other groups) not working in the first place.

Now them two have been deleted some of my commands aren't working.  They say 'You dont have permission for this Owen'.  I am in the superadmin groups, and there is no 'higher' group than that.

Now, whilst typing this up I have just realised that it seems to be for the custom commands that I purchased from Colbat. I not sure but I think the default access might be 'admin'? I cant check this now, this might not even be the problem but just something I thought of.

Thanks,

Owen

Offline Neku

Re: Another questions with the groups/ranks
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
Admin and SuperAdmin are essential groups. Operater can be fiddled with, but not those two.
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline ojbristow

• Superclocked
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »
, I knew superadmin was but didnt think admin was. Will I need to reinstall ulx or can I just recreate admin?

Thanks,
Owen

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »
You can try recreating admin.
ULX by default places many commands there though, that might not get put back if you just manually recreate it.
Use the factory reset command if that doesn't work.

And, superadmin and admin should never be deleted from any admin mod.
Gmod expects them.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming