Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Slayer42

Quick question
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:45:13 PM »
I'm superadmin on a server and the ulx banid is useful but I don't want lower ranks to ban steam ids of higher rank and there is a whilelist function in the settings but is there anyway to make it so you can blacklist a steamid?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »
Not like you're wanting, no. There is no reverse method list.
You're bringing up a similar topic as this - http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6906.0.html
We have "addressing the higher access check" issue on a 'to do' as low priority because, simply put, we (Team Ulysses, and many in our community) believe if you can't trust a person to not abuse the ban command, than that person shouldn't have ban access in the first place.

Think hard about it... would you really want to prevent banning someone in a higher group, if you trusted that lower group with ban access in the first place?
I don't know how many times I've been a mod on a system that I found/saw exploited/abused/whatever to give someone else that shouldn't have it, higher access.
Heck, I've seen people that 'should' have had higher access go 'crazy', and needed to ban them.
Me being able to ban that user while then also going in to recovery/get assistance mode. Sure, they still usually had high access externally, but, takes thier eyes away from seeing whats going on...seconds can help in recovery of a system.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Neku

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »
Basically, there is a way, but you should only have people you absolutely trust, have ban access.
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 09:26:18 AM »
Note this only applies to "ulx banid", "ulx ban" obeys the targeting system.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.