ULX

Author Topic: Setting for Valid players  (Read 2047 times)

Offline SaintSin

Setting for Valid players
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »
I think it would be convenient to add a setting which allows server owners to validate the use of ulx. After setup there are very few reasons that ulx should show up as console. There should be a setting to toggle the validation of players.

Enabled:
Only valid players with the setup permissions can run commands

Disabled:
Valid player with setup permissions can run commands, but you can also run commands from console.

Recently I've been having an issue with a hacker and having a setting lie this would provide me with more time to react to his actions and possibly even restrict his access.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Setting for Valid players
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
I don't understand what you're asking. ULX already restricts access to the users who have been given access.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Setting for Valid players
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:14:33 PM »
He doesn't want console to have superadmin access for ulx.
Issue is though, if someone's getting access to your console, they're going to have access to change the cvar to disable the feature you're asking for.
ULX is the least of your worries at that point.
It might slow down the script kiddie type of exploiter who doesn't know better, but most gmod exploiters are a bit quicker than script kiddies.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming