Author Topic: auto spawner on server startup  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Rainoa

auto spawner on server startup
« on: January 11, 2014, 04:11:05 PM »
ok so, idk if this is around yet or not but i have been looking for it for the last 2 days, if u dont know what im talking about the best example i can say is Stargate addon...

sadly im not smart enough to do this on my own, so im asking for some help.

1 main thing i would die so happy for is if it could also re-wire stuff

another thing i thought of is maybe a stool that u can almost like adv dup but when u select everything than right click it saves it in a formate than can than be edited & added to the server auto spawn list

anyways if you guys know anything like this if u could plz point me in the right direction or maybe make something like this <3

i have also thought about trying to edit gatespawner 1 to include some extra props but i cant even find it >.<

Offline Neku

Re: auto spawner on server startup
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »
What if a minge spams props?  :\
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline Rainoa

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:10:16 AM »
this would be something u setup before allowing ppl to join...

& i guess noone knows how to do this or is willing to make something like it seeing how it was thrown in the off topic

Offline Neku

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »
Off topic is for threads unrelated to ULX.

Doesn't mean it's a place for unwanted threads.

Offline Rainoa

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:22:31 AM »
was a suggestion to add the option kinda like stargate addon has but for more than just stargate props & maybe include pre wire stuff if possable

side note, is it possible to have a adv.dupe auto load & have it all belong to world!? if so than that would be epic & also make it easyer for someone to make if they wanted too.

it would be even more epic if someone made it so u could load/unload stuff by a menu & have it belong to world so that u dont undo it by mistake

Offline Neku

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 08:08:03 AM »
Dupes are client side.

Offline sammyt291

• Wizry Minecraft Network
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »
I think i know what Rainoa means,
i was wondering as well if there is an plugin/addon that will automatically spawn props in locations you choose at server startup.

so for e.g. you could make a wire welcome sign and have it autospawn at your server spawn every server start?

id love for a plugin/addon like this to be made.

-Sammy

Offline lampman13

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 01:20:09 PM »
was a suggestion to add the option kinda like stargate addon has but for more than just stargate props & maybe include pre wire stuff if possable

side note, is it possible to have a adv.dupe auto load & have it all belong to world!? if so than that would be epic & also make it easyer for someone to make if they wanted too.

it would be even more epic if someone made it so u could load/unload stuff by a menu & have it belong to world so that u dont undo it by mistake
if you want a set of props to be world props spawn them in and make them world props by downloading an stool addon or something not all that hard ya just gotta find an addon that works thats the big thing

Offline Gupsy

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 01:56:36 AM »
There is a tool on coder hire called M.D.E that let's you save things into the map even after restart or if they are removed the spawn back after a certain amount of seconds if that's the kind of thing your talking about here's the link : http://coderhire.com/scripts/view/600 hope this is what your looking for

Kind Regards
-Gupsy