Author Topic: OpenSteam: Bans and User Management System  (Read 55283 times)

Offline Storm

Re: OpenSteam: Bans and User Management System
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2014, 06:19:29 AM »
I am trying to install this and get this error. What am I doing wrong?

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/myuserid/public/WEB/inc/class.db.PDO.php on line 18
Error!: Unable to connect to the database
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:26:24 AM by Storm »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2014, 09:33:31 AM »
I was about to download this but saw the comment that it can cause major server lag. I probably just misunderstood the reference. Can you explain?
Storm, the reference was to a query statement within another 'global' system, ULX Global Ban 0.5.

Though I know in text it's difficult to 'see' facial expressions and intent, I mean no disrespect with what I'm about to say, only concern of your possible frustration.
From reading other posts in this forum, I'm not sure your technical level of understanding would allow you to appreciate this project to it's potential, even with help from it's developers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:35:26 AM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Storm

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2014, 09:50:02 AM »
What did I say that would lead you to believe that? I just didnt understand the reference. I said earlier I am not well acquainted with MySQL and if you read back, I was told it isn't necessary to know it well. Do you say that because I asked about an error I received with the installation? Is the solution to the error so obvious that only I am missing it? So you can answer it, right? Is a knowledge of coding/SQL required to use this system? I own a large, popular gmod group with 12 servers and thousands of bans. Why do you think I wouldn't "appreciate" a project like this? And I am by no means frustrated. I am just asking a question to get this up and running.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:59:25 AM by Storm »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »
Nothing as of yet within this particular discussion, mostly what I've seen of your posts regarding other projects.
I am not saying you lack intelligence or capability to learn.
It just seems your current understanding of many of the more advanced projects you're trying to take on due to your large group/user/server ban environments make it challenging and seemingly frustrating for you.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Storm

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
I think the developers of this project have made things very easy and those of us who are interested in it, don't need to feel we are "taking on" anything. I am not frustrated and I have no idea why you say that. The developers have been excellent at answering the questions everyone has had. I simply got an error in the installation I am asking about. And I find your comments highly insulting. I have always felt free, up to this point, to ask questions on the Ulysses forum and ask for help. I had no idea I was being judged on my technical capabilities, as a result.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:53:35 AM by Storm »

Offline Neubivljiv

• OHSystem
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »
I am trying to install this and get this error. What am I doing wrong?

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/myuserid/public/WEB/inc/class.db.PDO.php on line 18
Make sure that you have PDO enabled.  Also, open config.php and modify the settings for your database (see first post - Installation)

Offline Storm

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2014, 02:06:16 PM »
Yes I asked my host provider how to enable PDO but they had never heard of it. Do you know how I do that? I figured that might be the problem from the error! And yes the setting are correct in config.php.

I've actually checked things many times over and just can't find the cause for this error. I thought the current version of mysqloo had PDO enabled by default anyway. Can anyone shed any light?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:56:00 PM by Storm »

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2014, 05:32:26 PM »
Yep, the addon doesn't work without it. I have the lua file in garrysmod/addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/opensteam.lua, libmysqlclient.so.18 in my root folder (next to srcds_linux), and gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll in garrysmod/lua/bin/.

As for logging in, I added your line of code, and while it does get rid of the error on the login page, nothing happens/changes when I log in (or try to register).

Another error in server console: Database Connection Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Offline Neubivljiv

• OHSystem
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2014, 11:23:32 PM »
Your setup is not valid.

Check local ULX_HOST...try with '127.0.0.1'

Offline Storm

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
I have the database up and running fine and it's registering ph_users. I just can't seem to connect to the website. I have checked config.php and it is corrrect. I believe PDO is enabled by default in the current version of mysqloo. But I am still getting this error. Any thoughts?

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/www/xxxxuserid/public/WEB/inc/class.db.PDO.php on line 18
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:19:52 AM by Storm »

Offline Neubivljiv

• OHSystem
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
You are getting this message because:
you have not PDO enabled or you did not setup config.php (wrong db_username, password or database) or you don't have database (or tables) created.

$cfg["server"]    = 'localhost'; // do not change...test with this
$cfg["username"]  = 'root';   // make sure this is correct
$cfg["password"]  = 'password'; // make sure this is correct
$cfg["database"]  = 'prop_hunt'; //make sure you have this database and all tables (executed sql data from Database.sql)

Offline Dunkstormen

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
[ERROR] addons/opensteam/lua/opensteam/os_mysqloo.lua:25: attempt to index local 'queryQ' (a nil value)
1. fn - addons/opensteam/lua/opensteam/os_mysqloo.lua:25
2. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2014, 03:28:20 PM »
[ERROR] addons/opensteam/lua/opensteam/os_mysqloo.lua:25: attempt to index local 'queryQ' (a nil value)
1. fn - addons/opensteam/lua/opensteam/os_mysqloo.lua:25
2. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183
I don't know if this is it, but are you using the most updated mysqloo? http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1357773
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Dunkstormen

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2014, 03:44:08 PM »
I don't know if this is it, but are you using the most updated mysqloo? http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1357773

Seem's not to solve the problem. i get the same error as before
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:45:42 PM by Dunkstormen »

Offline Neubivljiv

• OHSystem
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2014, 01:01:47 AM »
Please check all before asking a question about database connection. If your installation of MySQLOO is not good, we do not provide support for it. So before posting, make sure that your MySQLOO is working (and without OpenSteam).
;)