Author Topic: Adding blacklists as well as whitelists.  (Read 2803 times)

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
Adding blacklists as well as whitelists.
« on: April 11, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »
ULX has a few whitelists already in place, such as restricting groups to only be able to add people to specific ranks, and only allowing people to ban specific SteamIDs. I was wondering if a blacklist could be added so that for example an admin can add a few SteamIDs to said blacklist under the command "ulx banid" and then the issue of admins banning people that are ranked higher then them using that command would be fixed.

Also it seems like it would be useful in some other situations as well, if for example you want people to be able to add to all groups accept one group.

Instead of having to whitelist every group you have on your server (some people have quite a few) you would be able to just add that one group to the blacklist and you would accomplish the task much faster.
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline Your Stalker

Re: Adding blacklists as well as whitelists.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »
Please add this!

Offline Cobalt

• http://steamcommunity.com/id/__yvl/
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »
The reason behind using a whitelist makes more sense in the long run but I would like to see both a whitelist and blacklist in the future, or at least a checkbox to select between whitelist or blacklist for the command you are editing.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 10:04:12 PM »
Try using "!"
I've never done this, but, heck, it's used in inheritance to say 'not' this group.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming