ULX

Author Topic: Custom ULX Commands / Server Mail  (Read 187787 times)

Offline Undercover Orange

• Leader of Undercover Gaming Community
Re: Custom ULX Commands / Server Mail
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2016, 11:41:17 PM »

ServerMail v1.1: http://puu.sh/8EtcR.zip
Pretty cool email type system with a lot of features. Good for sending out server information to players, private messaging, or sending messages to people who are offline.

this means my players are able to send a message to an admins email correct? if not is it possible to make a report system that sends a report directly to a gmail or something without having to download any kind of console?
~ Undercover Orange

Offline Travis Beaumont

« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2016, 11:42:20 PM »
How can I setup !addons on my server?

Offline Ty-combat

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2016, 07:08:01 PM »
Hello, I just install your custom commands I have noticed some of the commands will not work? for an example  !notepad,!dban I am running a darkrp server tho. Maybe I didn't install them, right? if you could send me all the steps on how to install them just to make sure I install it right. if you might have an idea  why it's not working I would like to hear them other than that most of the command's are working and i love it so far XD :)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2016, 07:19:48 PM »
CustomCommands v4.5: http://puu.sh/8Ett6.zip
75-ish commands for ulx, to install put one of the two folders into addons.

Pretty simple install instruction. This thread is quite old.
It's possible not all of it will work anymore, but saying 'it doesn't work" will not help anyone help you.
What errors do you get in server or client console during startup or connection to server, and or what errors when running those commands.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2016, 12:05:08 AM »
Pretty simple install instruction. This thread is quite old.
It's possible not all of it will work anymore, but saying 'it doesn't work" will not help anyone help you.
What errors do you get in server or client console during startup or connection to server, and or what errors when running those commands.
A lot of the commands are simply just outdated and won't work. But as JamminR said, saying "it doesn't work" doesn't help.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline Undercover Orange

• Leader of Undercover Gaming Community
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2016, 11:03:07 AM »
Hello, I just install your custom commands I have noticed some of the commands will not work? for an example  !notepad,!dban
they are on my prop hunt server and both are working fine. from what I understand these should work no matter what game mode you are running but i could be wrong. my seggestion is wait for nobody to be on the server and switch to another game mode with an admin and have them leave to test out dban.
~ Undercover Orange

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2016, 09:07:03 AM »
I hope you don't mind, but I made a public repo of this here. This is just so I can share my additions and edits to everyone who wants to use this.

If you want me to take it down, I will, but considering Cobalt hasn't been on for almost two years now, I'm assuming it will be fine.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline 93creeperkiller

« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2017, 11:39:53 PM »
where are the messages stored? I ask this cause my admin is getting clientside errors and i think his messages were corrupt .

Offline Morgan Freeman

« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »
Mind posting a quick help listing of the 75ish commands, and perhaps the mail stuff too?
Perhaps create a totally random group in a game (server or SinglePlayer, if the commands would at least still show help if not work in SP), give that group access to your commands, than do a "ulx help" from console?
At the least, would make your release post a bit more informative.
Most us folks are lazy time constrained :). Having to download something, install it, load up Gmod, review help and XGUI takes a bit of time to just find out we might not have needed/wanted your great stuff.

Hello there,

I am having some issues, my console is spammed with this error:
[ERROR] lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:103: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
1. pairs - [C]:-1
2. WriteTable - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:103
3. func - addons/staff_customcommands/lua/ulx/modules/sh/cc_util.lua:849
4. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32

Offline TheMrDynamite

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2018, 04:23:02 PM »
Hello there,

I am having some issues, my console is spammed with this error:
[ERROR] lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:103: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
1. pairs - [C]:-1
2. WriteTable - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:103
3. func - addons/staff_customcommands/lua/ulx/modules/sh/cc_util.lua:849
4. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32

Sorry to necro but this is a warning to everyone here. This error is caused by an exploit in this version of the addon patched in the github version. Basically it allows users to spam bancheck and on servers with large ban tables that crashes the server, like mine. If you want the safe and updated version of this addon go to cobalt's github https://github.com/cobalt77/Custom-ULX-Commands

Offline iiMalevolence

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »

Sorry to necro but this is a warning to everyone here. This error is caused by an exploit in this version of the addon patched in the github version. Basically it allows users to spam bancheck and on servers with large ban tables that crashes the server, like mine. If you want the safe and updated version of this addon go to cobalt's github https://github.com/cobalt77/Custom-ULX-Commands

Sorry to necro also, but anyone wanting this addon and for anyone that adds it to their server, it's got exploits available to be used.

More specifically, a net. exploit that lags your server out and crashes it.
Also to do with easter eggs.