Author Topic: ULX Inheritance/Targetting Being Randomized on Map Reset  (Read 1231 times)

Offline cloudy rippah

ULX Inheritance/Targetting Being Randomized on Map Reset
« on: December 30, 2023, 08:34:58 PM »
Hi! So me and some friends are currently running a Starwars RP server thats been up for about a month now. Unfortunately we've had a recurring issue with ulx resetting upon each map restart, however we switched to a different host as the old server didn't have much storage space on it. Since switching to our new host we've unfortunately had a similar issue however, I have set up all of our ulx ranks (trial gamemaster, trial mod, gamemaster, mod, senior gamemaster, senior mod, head mod, trial admin, administrator, senior admin, head gamemaster, head admin, and superadminr as targetting superadmins is a little wonky when creating new ranks), they are all in that order on the server. No spaces or - in the ranks, i.e seniormod, headmod, etc.

The new issue we're having is that even though things were set up properly and all ranks were working fine when I set them up, they seem to randomly changed their targetting order, with superadmin now being at the bottom, trialgamemaster being at the top, and all the other ranks being out of order. This is all the information I have on the situation as of right now, I hope that this helps and I appreciate any and all answers I will receive, thank you for your time!

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v2.71d
ULX v3.81d

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: Starwars RP

Lua errors shown in console, if any:

[TFA-Base [fixed]] lua/tfa/modules/tfa_hooks.lua:665: attempt to index local 'line' (a nil value)
  1. fn - lua/tfa/modules/tfa_hooks.lua:665
   2. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: ULX Inheritance/Targetting Being Randomized on Map Reset
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 02:28:20 AM »
If you're looking at the order of groups in the ULX GUI, that is based on an inheritance tree, which is based on the can_target values configured on each group. To keep the groups in order, I'd recommend making sure each group's "can target" is set to not be able to target the groups above it (i.e. "!%headmod" for "seniormod"). If you're lua_run savvy, you can see the whole tree:
Code: [Select]
PrintTable( ULib.ucl.getInheritanceTree() )Share that here and I can provide some extra insight.

If you're talking about gamemode ranks, then that's a different thing entirely. If you could send me your data/garrysmod/groups.txt file, I can help see if anything is amiss.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6