Author Topic: Simple Reports - A way for players to communicate or report players to admins.  (Read 12450 times)

Offline Fanney

Simple Reports
A way for players to communicate or report players to admins.

Hello, again im here with a little addon i made for my server.
Since I thought it would be a nice addition for other Servers I did it in mind for being public.

It's just a Simple, really simple GUI that allows everyone to Report a Player or write a custom message to online administraitors with the "srp_access" Flag.

But without any further talking here are some screenies:

ULX:

!report Menu:

!report Menu (Custom Message)

!openreports (admin overview)

Installation:
Download, and just put the "simplereports" Folder in your Server's addons folder.

Configuration:
The config is kept simple, you can add reasons for the "send message to admins tab" or delete them by just going into simplereports\lua\autorun\ss_srp_config.lua.
And editing the PREDEF_REASONS Table, keep in mind every entrie needs a comma and the last one doenst.

You can also customize your language, just edit the lang = "EN" to lang = "yourlang" and duplicate the LOCAL_TEXT["EN"] and rename it to LOCAL_TEXT["yourlang"] and rename the strings.

Download
Github (newest Version)
Github Page (for contributions)
(MODERATORS: If you dont mind ill not put a attachment on as github has the newest version and probably never goes down... but if you want it just msg me)

as english is not my native language there are some typo's but you can correct them in the config ;')
Also if someone want's to correct my english just make a pull request on github or send me an fixed table.

Offline Sgt.Blue

I've found a bug; reports are stated as being issued by the reported instead of the reporter in both chat and the reportlist.

Offline Fanney

I've found a bug; reports are stated as being issued by the reported instead of the reporter in both chat and the reportlist.
Thanks, I fixed it in the last Version also i fixed some typos.

Offline Snell

This actually looks quite promising, I'll test it and if I like it I'll add it to my server :3.

Offline Sgt.Blue

Could you also possibly remove the notification sound and instead use one of the sounds fro HL2 perhaps? For people to hear the included sound it would require the sound to be downloaded to their clients, which would be wasteful compared to using a suitable sound from Hl2.

Offline Fanney

Could you also possibly remove the notification sound and instead use one of the sounds fro HL2 perhaps? For people to hear the included sound it would require the sound to be downloaded to their clients, which would be wasteful compared to using a suitable sound from Hl2.
well, the majority of hl2 sounds are broken for me (should reinstall these things) do you have any suitable one?

Offline Fanney

I update the Plugin and added Sgt.Blue's suggestion.
Heres a small list:

- Removed the need for a sound download (used HL2 one).
- Added Cooldown
- Added Notification Message
- Added Quick Actions Menu to the Admin Panel (this allows your to currently bring or goto to players that are either reported or the one who reported.)

Just redownload it at the Start topic!

Offline Storm

The problem is for 24/7 servers when staff isnt on the server.

Offline Fanney

The problem is for 24/7 servers when staff isnt on the server.
I am working to get a C# implementation done.

Offline Storm

Well I'm interested!

Offline Neoon

Report successfully sent, please wait for an Answer or an admin action!
[SRP:] Neo wrote an Report against Kartata_Fisch type !reports to open them.
Neo: !openreports

[ERROR] addons/simplereports/lua/autorun/client/cs_srp.lua:124: attempt to concatenate a nil value
  1. func - addons/simplereports/lua/autorun/client/cs_srp.lua:124
   2. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:32

Please fix that.

Offline Fanney

Report successfully sent, please wait for an Answer or an admin action!
[SRP:] Neo wrote an Report against Kartata_Fisch type !reports to open them.
Neo: !openreports

[ERROR] addons/simplereports/lua/autorun/client/cs_srp.lua:124: attempt to concatenate a nil value
  1. func - addons/simplereports/lua/autorun/client/cs_srp.lua:124
   2. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:32

Please fix that.

Should be fixed just redownload.

Offline Neoon

Arwwww  :D Yes fixed thanks but could you save the names/SteamID with it?

Offline Storm

Just wondering if players can use this when an admin isn't on the server and if it saves the reports to a .txt file?

Offline Fanney

Just wondering if players can use this when an admin isn't on the server and if it saves the reports to a .txt file?
well, they can use it - but it won't be saved trough the next map.
With the Program it saves it in a Database until it get's read but im not finished, even if it can fetch reports i need todo some lil polishing.