Author Topic: ULX not working after I had to reinstall Gmod  (Read 1780 times)

Offline TnTRAPTOR

ULX not working after I had to reinstall Gmod
« on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
Hey everybody. Just recently my Gmod started to act up (my addons were disappearing) and it eventually got to the point where I decided to reinstall the game. Before I did I made sure that I took ULib and ULX off of the addons folder and then reinstalled the Gmod. When it was done I went and downloaded Ulib and ULX again however, this time the !menu command wasn't working and ULX didn't show up in my console. I run a listen server whenever I'm online and ULX was the best admin mod out there. For now I'm using the +ASS mod. Does anyone know how I can fix this? 

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ULX not working after I had to reinstall Gmod
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
Errors at server startup?
Verify /addons/Ulib and /addons/ULX are how they show up?
Did you backup your old server data/ULib and data/ULX too?
Have latest versions of ULib/ULX code from Github?

Really difficult to tell what's going on with just you explaining "it doesn't work when I do <x>".
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline TnTRAPTOR

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »
Ok when I had ULX working I installed it from the Github page and dragged the ULX and Ulib files into the addons folder under D:programfiles/steam/steamApps/Garry's Mod/garrysmod/addons like it said to on the guide. I did not have an actual server file. It was just a listen server and it worked pretty well until gmod had that recent bug which made me have to uninstall it. Before I did I deleted all of my addon files and re downloaded everything as if I just bought Gmod. After I reinstalled Gmod however, the menu didn't work when I tried any of the commands and the ULX startup wasn't showing up in the console. I did download the latest version and I know after many retries that I'm putting the addon files in the right place.
'

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:56:13 PM »
Not sure if it's 100% across all windows installs, but my client Gmod installed to D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod
(Your's is missing "common") I've also not seen an apostrophe used in the folder name, but again, that might not be 100% common for Windows.

Does ULib give a startup message in console?
Do you have addons/ULib/addon.txt and addons/ULX/addon.txt both?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming