Author Topic: /me team bug  (Read 3260 times)

Offline JakeCake

• Who not cakes, who not makes.
/me team bug
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:26:36 AM »
Hello fellow ULX users! I recently switched over to ULX because it had more to offer then the previous admin mod. Only i run on my server Nutscript - HL2RP schema and it seems when i do /me does something it would do (TEAM) **DOES SOMETHING in white. I don't really know how to fix it or anything.

Thanks,

-JakeCake
Johhny, i know nothin' of dis.

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
Re: /me team bug
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
ULX is a bit different, when using a new admin tool that completely reconfigures your server's admin functions it's always good to assume the call functions to activate a command will be different as well.

-ULX is based on !commands rather then /commands what your describing is TEAM chat which can be accessed by pressing U as well.

I am not sure what /me is supposed to do, but as far as I know its not a recognized ULX command. Perhaps one of the developers will see this thread and help you better then I can, I just jumped on in hopes that I may be able to help you sooner rather then later.

can you tell me what /me is supposed to do? Then perhaps, I can assist in telling you the ULX version of that command.
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer

Offline JakeCake

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »
can you tell me what /me is supposed to do? Then perhaps, I can assist in telling you the ULX version of that command.
The/ me before installing ulx would've did /me does something = "**Bob good does something" with a yellow colour.

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 09:17:33 AM »
yea, I am almost positive that /me is not a valid ULX command. what I think you might be looking for is either an advert or Tsay which can be found in your ulx menu, to access it simply type !menu

again, im not a developer. so I can't be 100% sure, if it is not available in ULX talk to some of the ULX team/staff members they may create a plugin that allows commands similar to that.
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:45:20 PM »
JakeCake, this only happens to you if you use "/me" in the team chat?
Or does it happen in global chat too?

yea, I am almost positive that /me is not a valid ULX command

From chat, /me is most definitely a command.
Just like here in the forums.

* JamminR says hello!
Above was done using;
Code: [Select]
/me says hello
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:47:31 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline JakeCake

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 06:16:51 AM »
I am using not the stock chatbox but the Nutscript chatbox one, hence there is no teamchat option. I will soon upload a video to explain it somewhat better.

Also i noticed that the (TEAM) **Bob good does something everyone can see in the chat, not from a certain distance but that must be something with the sv_alltalk settings.

(Also, if there is a ULX command of /me, care to tell me how to disable/remove it?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naZtx5tJLdw here it is.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:01:14 AM by JakeCake »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:08:12 AM »
I'm sorry if I'm a bit confused after viewing the video and reading your original post.
I just viewed the example vid, and it seems to be working...is it the colors you don't like?
Or, what am I missing that I'm not noticing?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline JakeCake

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 12:28:01 PM »
I'm sorry if I'm a bit confused after viewing the video and reading your original post.
I just viewed the example vid, and it seems to be working...is it the colors you don't like?
Or, what am I missing that I'm not noticing?
What I'm trying to say is. the nutscript framework has a command like going the exact like "/me does something" before ULX got installed it would show up like " **CHARACTERNAME does something " at a close range, at a medium/far range when doing "/me does something" it would NOT show up.

Now afther ULX's installation i get the problem that it does at "/me does something" it would show up " (TEAM)**CHARACTERNAME does something " which shows up at everyone. Now i want to figure out how i remove the white colour and (TEAM) behind it. and to make it not show up at all ranges.

Sorry if i am still being unclear, it's hard for me to explain stuff in English (I'm dutch  :-[ )

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »
Ok, you can disable the majority of it in ULX, HOWEVER, modifying our code would result in you needing to manually change it again anytime you update ULX.
In gmod/addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/chat.lua, at about line ~295,

Place two hyphens to comment out our me command.
Make
hook.Add( "PlayerSay", "ULXMeCheck", meCheck, 18 ) -- Extremely low prioritylook like
-- hook.Add( "PlayerSay", "ULXMeCheck", meCheck, 18 ) -- Extremely low priority

Offline JakeCake

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 09:21:11 AM »
Ok, you can disable the majority of it in ULX, HOWEVER, modifying our code would result in you needing to manually change it again anytime you update ULX.
In gmod/addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/chat.lua, at about line ~295,

Place two hyphens to comment out our me command.
Make
hook.Add( "PlayerSay", "ULXMeCheck", meCheck, 18 ) -- Extremely low prioritylook like
-- hook.Add( "PlayerSay", "ULXMeCheck", meCheck, 18 ) -- Extremely low priority
Still is somewhat the same only others see **Bob good does something in white as it's still visible on all ranges.  :-\ It's complicated somewhat
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:34:59 AM by JakeCake »